Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice about where to live in Spain

Advice about where to live in Spain

Old Aug 4th 2006, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice about where to live in Spain

Can anyone advice and give views about all year living in Spain.
We want to live in a coastal area fairly near to a beach, but not to hilly as I have trouble getting around,a place that does n't go dead in the winter, with shops & bars etc within easy access.
Don't mind tourist areas, but not an area that cater for the younger end of the market.
I would like a nice select area ( is this a tall order to want ) or do places like this exit?
Old Aug 4th 2006, 8:44 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice about where to live in Spain

Originally Posted by guttyfeet
Can anyone advice and give views about all year living in Spain.
We want to live in a coastal area fairly near to a beach, but not to hilly as I have trouble getting around,a place that does n't go dead in the winter, with shops & bars etc within easy access.
Don't mind tourist areas, but not an area that cater for the younger end of the market.
I would like a nice select area ( is this a tall order to want ) or do places like this exit?
Well of course you are going to get everyone recommending their individual areas but I would certainly recommend the coast between Calpe & Gandia (Northern Costa Blanca) along which there are many "select" areas as you put it. I ended up at the northern end, running into the Costa Del Azahar where its a little bit more Spanish. Gandia is live all year around, although the beach areas do tend to become quieter.

But as usual I can only say that the best way is to travel around until YOU find an area that suits you.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:15 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice about where to live in Spain

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well of course you are going to get everyone recommending their individual areas but I would certainly recommend the coast between Calpe & Gandia (Northern Costa Blanca) along which there are many "select" areas as you put it. I ended up at the northern end, running into the Costa Del Azahar where its a little bit more Spanish. Gandia is live all year around, although the beach areas do tend to become quieter.

But as usual I can only say that the best way is to travel around until YOU find an area that suits you.
South Costa Blanca round Torrevieja is nice, not hilly, and plenty to do, or not do as the case might be. There are plenty of clubs you can join to cater for almost any hobby/interest. Quieter in winter, but still plenty of places open, and you just don't get those things called frosts, or snow. British TV can be got easily as well.