Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice about Kids and moving back to UK!

Advice about Kids and moving back to UK!

Old Apr 3rd 2011, 8:01 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice about Kids and moving back to UK!

Originally Posted by lynnxa
it's a shame spain doesn't come on here often now - they had been here rather longer when they returned & I think her son was 12 or so when they went back

I do know he took a spanish GCSE his first year back & his teachers were talking about A level too

I know he used to chat with his Spanish friends on the phone in Valenciano quite often too
Agree with you, she is another person who always tells things as they are without twisting things, no rose tinted and no bitterness involved. Miss her input.

Rosemary
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 12:32 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Advice about Kids and moving back to UK!

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Out of interest to posters who are contemplating returning to the UK with their children, did it take them long to settle into their new schools, was their schooling at the same standard, did they make new friends easily or has it been difficult for them?

Great to see you on here again, hope all went well for you on the move back and the settling in.

Rosemary
Hi..thanks

Luckily my kids were happy to move back and settled straight away. They are quite easy going kids and the eldest especially wanted to return so that helped.

We were lucky enough to return back to their old schools so it helped settling -. I miss Spain now and then but being able to understand the education system is a huge relief.

We are planning to keep in touch with friends we made while in Asturias so we will always have that.

Last edited by manamama; Apr 3rd 2011 at 12:38 pm.