Reload this Page >

Address for residence & healthcare

Address for residence & healthcare

Old Apr 17th 2017, 5:26 am
Just Joined

Moving_On is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Address for residence & healthcare

Hi all,

I'm currently living in France but planning to move to Spain within the next few months to a year, basically I'm waiting for my property here to sell.

I know if I spend more than 90 days in Spain then I have to apply for temporary residencia then full residencia after 6 months but what I'm not sure of is what part my actual living circumstances\address play in that, i.e. if I'm a defacto resident due to my time in the country so long as I can provide a genuine contact address does it matter at all, could I be C/O friends who are legally resident. What are my options is what I'm asking ?

I don't want to dive straight in and buy a property nor do I particularly want to spend €1000+ per month renting one so my immediate preference would be to take a plot on one of the larger camp sites for a year in advance and plonk a big caravan on it, would that work ?

Ideally I'd like to sit it out until the madness called Brexit has run it's course or at least until I (we) know for sure how it's going to pan out for expats.

I have an S1 so healthcare entitlement I guess should follow the residencia.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 6:24 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Address for residence & healthcare

I am presuming that you are an EU citizen.

If that's the case, then you are a little confused. Within 90 days you are expected to sign on the list of foreigners and get your (temporary) residence certificate. After 5 YEARS, this becomes permanent.

After 183 days of living in Spain (in a calendar year), you automatically become tax resident.

So long as you have some sort of address in Spain (and it can even be a PO box strangely enough), you can do all the necessary paperwork. You should also go on to the padron.

You will need to show some sort of rental contract to prove that you're actually living here.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 6:45 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moving_On
Hi all,

I'm currently living in France but planning to move to Spain within the next few months to a year, basically I'm waiting for my property here to sell.

I know if I spend more than 90 days in Spain then I have to apply for temporary residencia then full residencia after 6 months but what I'm not sure of is what part my actual living circumstances\address play in that, i.e. if I'm a defacto resident due to my time in the country so long as I can provide a genuine contact address does it matter at all, could I be C/O friends who are legally resident. What are my options is what I'm asking ?

I don't want to dive straight in and buy a property nor do I particularly want to spend €1000+ per month renting one so my immediate preference would be to take a plot on one of the larger camp sites for a year in advance and plonk a big caravan on it, would that work ?

Ideally I'd like to sit it out until the madness called Brexit has run it's course or at least until I (we) know for sure how it's going to pan out for expats.

You will be able to get a decent rented for a lot less than that, think 3-500 a month depending on size and area.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 6:46 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moving_On
Hi all,

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 17th 2017, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Well that's a bit mean, it was a tongue in cheek remark to counter the alleged cheapness of renting a property and in no way whatsoever a solicitation for one, in the context I don't know how you would even have read it as such

And what was wrong with just editing that which apparently offended you as opposed to deleting the entire post ?

I though this forum was a cut above some other other neo-fascist ones but maybe I was mistaken
Old Apr 17th 2017, 2:40 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Before you make any more posts I suggest that you read the forum rules. Especially the ones regarding advertising and comments about moderation.

Site Rules | British Expatriate Community

Rosemary
Old Apr 17th 2017, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Forget it I'm off, bye.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 4:16 pm

As this member opened this thread and has now decided to leave I will close the thread.

Rosemary