Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Accountancy Jobs.

Accountancy Jobs.

Old Jan 15th 2013, 7:06 pm
Banned

liveayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accountancy Jobs.

Hi, sorry if this the wrong place but does anyone know if ACCA qualifications are recognised in Spain? I've read Spain doesn't have their own governing body.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:23 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accountancy Jobs.

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 16th 2013, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveayer
Hi, sorry if this the wrong place but does anyone know if ACCA qualifications are recognised in Spain? I've read Spain doesn't have their own governing body.
No idea really, anything over two and two and I'm struggling, so not sure if it's a governing body, but Spain certainly has AECA, La Asociación Española de Contabilidad y Administración de Empresas. You can look for that, it's in Spanish of course, but without an in depth knowledge of Spanish it would be a non starter anyway. I'd be amazed if you could simply arrive in Spain and start working as a contable, Spain doesn't make things easy when it comes to guiris starting a business.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:00 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

There are differences. To do accounting in Spain you would also need to be familiar with Spanish company law which is very different to the UK's.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jackytoo
There are differences. To do accounting in Spain you would also need to be familiar with Spanish company law which is very different to the UK's.
And familiarity with the criminal law regarding fraud & corruption in public life might come in handy!

Old Jan 16th 2013, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

We have a friend who's husband is Spanish and a fully qualified accountant.....

He's not been able to find a job for 3 years since his last company went out of business. So best of luck if you do try to make a go of it, but if the Spaniards can't do it I reckon foreigners stand no chance.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Arthurs Glove is an unknown quantity at this point

Liveayer, I'm an ACCA also but am still working in the UK (hopefully not for much longer!).
I agree with some of the comments so far. In my opinion, ACCA is "recognised" all over the world. There is a big difference however in being recognised and being able to put it to use.
If you are wanting to use it to advise either expats or Spanish nationals on their tax affairs, then you will have a great deal of reading to do to understand the Spanish tax system and I would think in any event that you would need some sort of Spanish qualification to enable you to hold their equivalent of a practising certificate.
If on the other hand you are looking to work in either industry or commerce then in my opinion if a prospective employer is looking for a qualified accountant then you would fit the bill, however I'm sure they would expect you to be fluent in Spanish!