Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Abbey, Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Binglet to be renamed to Santander

Abbey, Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Binglet to be renamed to Santander

Old May 27th 2009, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

smartmove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Abbey, Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Binglet to be renamed to Santander

The Abbey, Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Bingley are to be renamed Santander by the Spanish banking group. I wonder if this move will have any positives for expats wanting to move money to and from Spain?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Bus...dford__Bingley
Old May 28th 2009, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abbey, Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Binglet to be renamed to Santander

Financial Services Compensation Scheme

At the moment I believe Alliance & Leicester have a banking licence whilst Bradford & Bingley share their licence with Abbey.

So one could put £50,000 in A & L and another £50,000 in either of the other two and have it all protected.

Once they are operating under the Santander name this will protection will fall to a total of £50,000
Old May 28th 2009, 6:21 am
Banned

srah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to all
Default Re: Abbey, Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Binglet to be renamed to Santander

Originally Posted by smartmove
The Abbey, Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Bingley are to be renamed Santander by the Spanish banking group. I wonder if this move will have any positives for expats wanting to move money to and from Spain?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Bus...dford__Bingley
A&L have been Santander for quite some time.

Prudent to move ones money around if over 50k.
Old May 28th 2009, 2:31 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

hi there my parents are with alliance & leicester they have 100k in one name and 100k in a nother for several yrs know.
Old May 28th 2009, 2:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenba
hi there my parents are with alliance & leicester they have 100k in one name and 100k in a nother for several yrs know.
Time to move it to different places in less than 50,000 accounts to be safe.