Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Movistar

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Movistar

Old Jul 5th 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Movistar

Dont some things in Spain just drive you despair

I have been trying since March to change the details on our Movistar contract mobile phone bill

After at least 6 visits to the shop I have just phoned Movistar and they said we have to start the process again :curse: but they can see on the computer that there was 2 failed attempts at changing the details ( not that they have contacted us to let us know - and its not like they dont have our number !!!!! )

This goes on my list of things that take forever to get sorted out, people not doing what they say they are going to, appointments that are not kept

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Im having such an "off-Spain" day today - just get sick of people just not giving a shit !!!! trying to run a business is near on impossible sometimes

anyway, now I have got that off my chest I will carry on cleaning the floors and sweeping up dogs hairs from Sam, now re-named Dobby
Old Jul 5th 2007, 2:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Movistar

I'm experiencing the highs and the lows today.

Went to the Police stn in Gandia to register my residencia and the room was absolutely full of confused people milling around ...... no system it seems, can't find where the queue begins and ends, eventually gave up and went home.
Trying again, camping outside the doors as early as poss

Then went to the builders yard to get some stuff. Gave my account number, ordered it all in Spanish and had a conversation with one of the guys there discovering where he comes from, how long hes lived here ...... My Spanish must be coming on
Old Jul 5th 2007, 2:11 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spain

I have been trying since March to change the details on our Movistar contract mobile phone bill

After at least 6 visits to the shop I have just phoned Movistar and they said we have to start the process again :curse: but they can see on the computer that there was 2 failed attempts at changing the details ( not that they have contacted us to let us know - and its not like they dont have our number !!!!! )

This goes on my list of things that take forever to get sorted out, people not doing what they say they are going to, appointments that are not kept

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Im having such an "off-Spain" day today - just get sick of people just not giving a shit !!!! trying to run a business is near on impossible sometimes

anyway, now I have got that off my chest I will carry on cleaning the floors and sweeping up dogs hairs from Sam, now re-named Dobby
Don't get me started on movistar. Have you ever gone onto their website? Possibly the worst website ever created, nothing ever works, you have to log on 20 times and then still can't find the information you want.

They insist on calling me up all the time, so I can get my points changed but never actually follow through with my request to do it. Then a week or so later they're back on the phone again asaking the same bloody questions.

Movistar is Spanish for SHIT!!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lochy
Movistar is Spanish for SHIT!!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Why not pay someone else to sort it out for you and save the hassle.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'm experiencing the highs and the lows today.

Went to the Police stn in Gandia to register my residencia and the room was absolutely full of confused people milling around ...... no system it seems, can't find where the queue begins and ends, eventually gave up and went home.
Trying again, camping outside the doors as early as poss

Then went to the builders yard to get some stuff. Gave my account number, ordered it all in Spanish and had a conversation with one of the guys there discovering where he comes from, how long hes lived here ...... My Spanish must be coming on
Old Jul 5th 2007, 6:02 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Why not pay someone else to sort it out for you and save the hassle.

I would absolutely love to ...... but you have to apply for residencia personally. I know it shouldn't but I get really stressed about things like this .....
Old Jul 15th 2007, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spain

well had a phone call Thursday from Movistar shop ( after going AGAIN this week to complete more forms) that all the details now changed

so we wait with baited breath for our August bill to see if all is well - its only taken 4 months so probably quite quick for Movistar - first opportunity and we are changing to Vodafone I think