Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

60 more arrests over illegal retransmission of television

60 more arrests over illegal retransmission of television

Old Aug 5th 2009, 3:06 pm
Banned

Tele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the rough
Default 60 more arrests over illegal retransmission of television

Links in Spanish

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/4925...s/piratear/tv/

http://www.euroweeklynews.com/200908...n-de-pago.html

Last edited by Tele Addict; Aug 5th 2009 at 3:53 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 60 more arrests over illegal retransmission of television

Sorry to be a pain, but my grasp of spanish is basic at the moment, can someone possibly translate what the article is saying, as some of it I understand and others are way over my head.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 6:16 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

"google" translation from another newspaper....with the same story....and according to some reports a few more were "visited" today....just like last year- in the middle of summer....!!

Tuesday, 04 August 2009 13:10 am / Europa Press /
Sixty arrested for hacking into the signal channel digital pay TV.
The National Police have arrested 60 people in connection with an investigation against the piracy of pay-TV channels.. Among those arrested include hotel managers and presidents of neighboring communities that have defrauded a total of several million euros. Have been discovered several networks of cable located in Tenerife, Malaga, Cadiz, Cordoba and Granada, that 'teledistribuían' specific channels and content to their subscribers

For the first time in Europe has been the arrest of two managers of a web portal where doing 'uploading', term used to describe the rise of content from the Net by deceit.

In particular, detainees offered through the Internet television signal from a digital platform for payment and other Arabic Spanish to redeploy later via 'streaming' (re) using American Web sites, the police reported.

From a roof more than 1,000 customers

Since it was' teledistribuían 'housing 1274 wrongfully content delivered by two pay channels. . This process is carried out through a cable network provided by terraces and walls of various buildings of that neighborhood.. The perpetrators were two merchants in the area, who were in charge of collecting a monthly fee, door to door, the inhabitants of different houses to provide such services.

. Furthermore, as a result of this investigation were discovered several networks of cable located in Tenerife, Malaga, Cadiz, Cordoba and Granada, that 'teledistribuían' specific channels and content to its subscribers, without the required authorizations. Tenerife in the broadcast network content of channels to pay foreigners more than 3,000 subscribers, who paid a high monthly fee.

British citizens involved in the fraud

. Captures the network to users who want access to content delivered by a British pay-channel, which used ads in local media, promotional websites and even word of mouth. . To perform fraud illegal service providers need the cooperation of other people living in the United Kingdom.

Once you have grasped the customer came to formalize a contract with such a platform falsifying data set, thus incurring in a crime of falsification of documents. As a result, they have seized tens of thousands of fraudulent contracts, plus the relevant delivery notes and invoices, certifying the above activity.
Action has been operated on decoders, smart cards 1321-card, 92 units modulators, amplifiers, computers, telephones and other apparatus necessary for the commission of the crime and numerous documents of the illegal activity.

Last edited by The Guy; Aug 5th 2009 at 6:20 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Many thanks for that, but by the sounds of it, it does not involve things like sky or is it more like having a chipped cable box and not paying for the channels. Unfortunately I am not tech minded and need it in vegatable terms, lol
Old Aug 5th 2009, 8:46 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

It reports, amongst other thing, that people were rebroadcasting PAY TV channels without the permission - this could be Sky, or D+, or many others.

The system these places use involve a stack of digiboxes in a cupboard all tuned into a specific channel (box 1 bbc1, box 2 sky one, box 3 sky sports etc) and the output from these digiboxes are piped around the "hotel" or "community" network...meaning that only these boxes need a pay tv viewing card, and that each individual house does not need a viewing card or pay the TV companies doirectly....they just pay the "hotel" or "community"
Old Aug 5th 2009, 10:44 pm
Banned

Tele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by The Guy
piped around the "hotel" or "community" network...meaning that only these boxes need a pay tv viewing card, and that each individual house does not need a viewing card or pay the TV companies doirectly
Or in previous cases piped around the Costa Blanca by rebroadcasting companies...
Old Aug 6th 2009, 7:00 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

If you can't afford a giant satellite dish, or don't have space for it on your property, and your missus misses Eastenders and Corrie, you have to go to an illegal re-broadcaster. It will cost you around 20 Euros a month to keep her happy, and every few years or so the re-broadcaster will be cut off by the police, but another one will soon take their place.

Of course, if your Spanish is fluent, you can watch the Spanish soaps, the Spanish call them tele basura.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 7:12 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tele Addict
Or in previous cases piped around the Costa Blanca by rebroadcasting companies...
that's what he meant by 'community' I'm sure
Old Aug 6th 2009, 7:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by lynnxa
that's what he meant by 'community' I'm sure
No, he meant piped around a community of owners, maybe by cable, maybe by low power radio signal, but not broadcast.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Its a shame the police dont take the same action against illegal immigrants selling pirate DVDs,CDs perfume etc, then there may be a chance of seeing some legal CD shops in smaller coastal towns.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 9:30 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Its a shame the police dont take the same action against illegal immigrants selling pirate DVDs,CDs perfume etc, then there may be a chance of seeing some legal CD shops in smaller coastal towns.
Around here the police do take action, but for every Chinaman, or woman arrested, there are another million to take their place. I've bought a few DVDs from them, and quite often the film starts to wobble when you get to the important parts, but what can you say at three Euros a go?
Old Aug 6th 2009, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HBG
Around here the police do take action, but for every Chinaman, or woman arrested, there are another million to take their place. I've bought a few DVDs from them, and quite often the film starts to wobble when you get to the important parts, but what can you say at three Euros a go?
This may seem a little strange, but if you know they are copies and potentially bad ones why buy them, why keep wasting your money and why keep giving these people are reason to do it and the profits to continue to do it.

The old adage of to good to be true comes to mind. I understand the concept of getting a bargin but a legitamate one is far a far better bargin to get.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 11:45 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It gets even worse. I bought a copy of Vista Ultimate from a market stall for fiver. It's so fast I can download songs in seconds. And Adobe Photoshop? I can even make my grandmother look like a filmstar with it.

I think you take a chance with bargains, but I enjoy shopping for them. And what about ebay? I'm bidding for a car at the moment. It sound too good to be true, but who knows? Two grand for a two-year old Picasso?
Old Aug 6th 2009, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
It gets even worse. I bought a copy of Vista Ultimate from a market stall for fiver. It's so fast I can download songs in seconds. And Adobe Photoshop? I can even make my grandmother look like a filmstar with it.

I think you take a chance with bargains, but I enjoy shopping for them. And what about ebay? I'm bidding for a car at the moment. It sound too good to be true, but who knows? Two grand for a two-year old Picasso?

Sounds expensive!!Hope you get it but I doubt it at that price.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 4:12 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
I think they try to but they are usually out-smarted.
These guys set up stall on busy markets with nothing more than empty boxes showing only the CD/DVD title.
If a punter asks for one it will appear from afar as if by magic thru a series of mystery signals and assistants.
Even if the police want to make a case over one single CD they still end up with the wrong guy, as there is usually a stooge to complete the final transaction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.