Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

50,000 Apply for 300 jobs at Ikea in Jerez

50,000 Apply for 300 jobs at Ikea in Jerez

Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:50 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 50,000 Apply for 300 jobs at Ikea in Jerez

I bought a pair of leather shoes in Benidorm 16 years ago, a leather belt in Dalston 20 years ago and I’m keeping quiet about another item, but I wore them all two weeks ago.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

yeah, ikea. a whole new shopping experiance. in our village we have two coviran supermarkets and they suffice for all our needs. and they are real handy in another way, they help me to remember names.
on shopping day the other half says to me "which coviran,little or large?" and that way i will never forget those two brilliant comedians, cannon and ball. ole.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Coviran have started to do flatpack stuff? Or Swedish meatballs? Heck I'm out of touch
Old Nov 6th 2009, 9:18 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete_l
I get the distinct impression that there is a lot of snobbery going on here: "Oh, it's cheap so it can't be any good". Plus reinforced by snidey comments that people might have heard from so-called friends, and ill-remembered experiences from their inability to follow the simple instructions thesleves - so blame the product.
My personal experience of IKEA stuff is that there is a lot of good quality furniture to be had. If you want, you can buy tat, but it's quite easy to be selective and get good value, high quality furniture too. I've bought a real wood kitchen table & chairs, a few beds with high-quality frames and a chest of drawers that is on a par with anything else you'd find in a "proper" furniture outlet - the one's where you have to wait months for delivery and get charged twice the price, but where the sale person is "awfully nice".
Must agree Pete (bye & large) and in fact my feet are on a rug that I bought in IKEA in the UK over 10 years ago that has given excellent service & I could not have bought better at the price I paid.

Brian
Old Nov 6th 2009, 9:29 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I bought a pair of leather shoes in Benidorm 16 years ago, a leather belt in Dalston 20 years ago and I’m keeping quiet about another item, but I wore them all two weeks ago.
Bought in Ridley Road market ?

Brian
Old Nov 7th 2009, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

carter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to all

Ah the allure of expensive furniture! I scrapped a suite before I moved here, cost over 6,000 pounds ten years ago. When I had to break it up to fit in the back of the estate car run to the tip the difference inside between that and my 300 euro flatpack Ikea sofa in the den was clear.

Different - permanent - joints. But still a mix of MDF and chipboard inside.

I guess selling furniture is no different to any form of retail. The price you pay is 5-6 times the cost to make, with the greater share going to the final step in the chain. If you want quality, buy direct from a furniture maker where you can speak to the person who will make the piece. Otherwise go to Ikea and save money!
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

nothing wrong with ikea. only the other day my other half said to me
"dearest,the cat has done an ikea in your flat cap". when did we get a cat??