Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

50,000 Apply for 300 jobs at Ikea in Jerez

50,000 Apply for 300 jobs at Ikea in Jerez

Old Nov 4th 2009, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default 50,000 Apply for 300 jobs at Ikea in Jerez

And they say the recession is ended in Europe!

All of you thinking of coming to Spain, think again.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 4:52 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: 50,000 Apply for 300 jobs at Ikea in Jerez

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
And they say the recession is ended in Europe!

All of you thinking of coming to Spain, think again.
I was in a queue once about that long to get into Ikea in Wednesbury
Old Nov 4th 2009, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 50,000 Apply for 300 jobs at Ikea in Jerez

Hm I wonder how many of those 50,000 speak Spanish?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
Hm I wonder how many of those 50,000 speak Spanish?
Pretty much all of them, I'd guess. There's nearly 500 applied here, don't see any writing in anything other than Spanish.
http://www.absolutjerez.com/trabajar...u-candidatura/
Bit stupid leaving all their details online!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I was in a queue once about that long to get into Ikea in Wednesbury
I went in one once, was in and out in about 20 mins, and never felt the need to go back. I find it all a bit sad when Brit immigrants get so excited about the opening of an Ikea, M&S etc
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:54 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by agoreira
Pretty much all of them, I'd guess. There's nearly 500 applied here, don't see any writing in anything other than Spanish.
http://www.absolutjerez.com/trabajar...u-candidatura/
Bit stupid leaving all their details online!
Even Jesus applied
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:55 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to Ikea next month but not because I'm excited about a store opening that I used in the UK. I'm going because I want cheap bright furniture that will brighten up our appartment.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I went in one once, was in and out in about 20 mins, and never felt the need to go back. I find it all a bit sad when Brit immigrants get so excited about the opening of an Ikea, M&S etc
Malaga Ikea is thronging with Spaniards much of the time - sure there are extranjeros but they're in the minority.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:56 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a greater shopper at the best of times, but Ikea is my worst nightmare.
Once the ball and chain has dragged you in there, you are trapped with little means of escape, apart from following the pre-designed route all the way to the end.

Mix this with a busy day and excited Spanish shoppers and I'd rather spend time in Colditz,..(probably more interesting than Swedish design anyway),...everything box-shaped to fit in a box,...little or no craftsmenship or real quality.

Then if you haven't already suffered enough,get home and begin to tackle the dreaded Ikea flat pack which the trouble and strife in her infinite wisdom decided to buy and take home cos it would go well with the curtains.

Definitely my worst nightmare,..sometimes even wake up screaming in the middle of the night,after dreaming I'd got hitched again and been dragged into Ikea...
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:58 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Even Jesus applied
lol

I went to Dia 'round the corner from our house tonight and the usual begger stood there opening the door must be on vacation as there was a woman there opening the door tonight and expecting to get paid for it, what made us laugh though was her sign next to the door saying she was looking for work and had written 2 mobile numbers. I don't have 2 mobiles and we both work and was she looking for work or expecting the work to come looking for her?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I'm not a greater shopper at the best of times, but Ikea is my worst nightmare.
<snip> eek:
I actually like it but there is a scenario worse than the one you describe.... doing all the above, but with a child too young or too tall to go in the kiddies' play area.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:07 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
I actually like it but there is a scenario worse than the one you describe.... doing all the above, but with a child too young or too tall to go in the kiddies' play area.
I agree there are far worse places to be than IKEA, for expample going shopping for a going out, night time outfit with the wife.

She goes into the 1st shop and sees the perfect dress, she instantly falls in love with it.
The we have to go round all the other shops to see if she can find one that is a "bit more perfect" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NIGHTMARE
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madridboy
I'm going to Ikea next month but not because I'm excited about a store opening that I used in the UK. I'm going because I want cheap bright furniture that will brighten up our appartment.
Go to your local rubbish dump, the quality will be better.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:23 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Even Jesus applied
Well now Europe has turned Muslim he has a bit of time on his hands mate.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:37 pm
Yaaarp

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Go to your local rubbish dump, the quality will be better.
hyperbole

I could take the very British route and lavish my appartment with grand splendour like some Lord of the mannor at ridiculous cost but to be honest I don't see the point. Quite happy being cheap and cheerful and I don't think the dogs would notice the difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.