Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

5 Things You Love About Spain

5 Things You Love About Spain

Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

the sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to all
Default 5 Things You Love About Spain

Hi,
i have been reading post's about 5 things people love about Britain, so i would love to know about people who live in Spain and there 5 favourite things about living there?

It would be great to know especially for me and other's who are moving soon to Spain.
All replies are appreciated
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 10:33 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 Things You Love About Spain

Originally Posted by the sun is shining
Hi,
i have been reading post's about 5 things people love about Britain, so i would love to know about people who live in Spain and there 5 favourite things about living there?

It would be great to know especially for me and other's who are moving soon to Spain.
All replies are appreciated

These are the things i loved about Spain, but to be honest 5 is limiting it a touch!

1 The warmth and kindness i felt from the beginning from the Spanish people
2 The food culture in a country that invented the cook book and cuisine!
3 The fiery, passionate, loyal, nationalistic people who defend their country to the end!
4 The weather, when it was hot it roasted, when it rained it flooded! A country with only black and white suits me to the ground!
5 The fact that there is so much diversity in a country almost twice the size of the UK with a smaller population!!!!

They are the first 5 of many reasons!
Old Sep 24th 2006, 8:09 am
What mysterious smile?

La Joconde is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
These are the things i loved about Spain, but to be honest 5 is limiting it a touch!

3 The fiery, passionate, loyal, nationalistic people who defend their country to the end!
4 The weather, when it was hot it roasted, when it rained it flooded! A country with only black and white suits me to the ground!
5 The fact that there is so much diversity in a country almost twice the size of the UK with a smaller population!!!!

Ditto to all of the above without any reservation!
Old Sep 24th 2006, 11:58 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Ditto to the above, plus the welcoming of the people to other nationalities.
We arrived 6 months ago without being able to talk any spanish, now i can hold a conversation, how? the kindness and understanding of the people where we live, and the overall acceptance of my partner and I into there community.
The son of one of our friends came 1st in his English test from not being very good before the holiday, the teacher asked why ? his reply "my fathers friend Mel "
That sums Spain up for me, his father couldn't wait to tell my partner, the faces of the two men said it all.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:26 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Ditto to the above, plus the welcoming of the people to other nationalities.
We arrived 6 months ago without being able to talk any spanish, now i can hold a conversation, how? the kindness and understanding of the people where we live, and the overall acceptance of my partner and I into there community.
The son of one of our friends came 1st in his English test from not being very good before the holiday, the teacher asked why ? his reply "my fathers friend Mel "
That sums Spain up for me, his father couldn't wait to tell my partner, the faces of the two men said it all.
I would agree with the above, but would really have to add,
A health service that is better then the UK
Everybody says hello when you meet them, even those you don't know
Ships where they only sell what is in stock, and there is no, 'you'll have to wait 6 weeks for delivery'
A delivery service from shops that works, is usually in the price, and many of the items include fitting or setting up.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice
Cool Re: 5 Things You Love About Spain

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I would agree with the above, but would really have to add,
A health service that is better then the UK
Everybody says hello when you meet them, even those you don't know
Ships where they only sell what is in stock, and there is no, 'you'll have to wait 6 weeks for delivery'
A delivery service from shops that works, is usually in the price, and many of the items include fitting or setting up.
Are these cargo ships ? ?
Old Sep 25th 2006, 6:09 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonsol
Are these cargo ships ? ?
Shows how reliable spell checkers are, should have picked that one up
Old Sep 25th 2006, 7:20 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Shows how reliable spell checkers are, should have picked that one up
Trouble is ships is a word spelt right, just in the wrong place
Old Sep 25th 2006, 10:31 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by jdr
Trouble is ships is a word spelt right, just in the wrong place
Sorry my reply was meant two indicate that, it wasn't an excuse. Spell cheques are OK, but they relay on an incorrectly spelled word, not a wrong word that is spelt correctly. This sentence past.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

the sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to all

Hi, Guys
I thought there would of been a whole load of ppl giving me there 5 reasons of loving Spain.

Please can i and others, have some more responses for when we make the challenge of life outside the uk!!
Old Sep 25th 2006, 3:59 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Guys
I thought there would of been a whole load of ppl giving me there 5 reasons of loving Spain.

Please can i and others, have some more responses for when we make the challenge of life outside the uk!!

Bit pushy, dont suppose your a researcher for a living are you?
Old Sep 25th 2006, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice

All of the above...an excellent list,
+ The fact that both mine and my husbands arthritis doesn't give us any problems when we are there......
+People are so well mannered and have great patience, and they take the time to listen to my slowly improving Spanish, helping me out and correcting me when I get it wrong
+The roads are bloody good even in our little town.....great for biking!
Mary
Old Sep 25th 2006, 5:02 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by maryg
All of the above...an excellent list,
+ The fact that both mine and my husbands arthritis doesn't give us any problems when we are there......
+People are so well mannered and have great patience, and they take the time to listen to my slowly improving Spanish, helping me out and correcting me when I get it wrong
+The roads are bloody good even in our little town.....great for biking!
Mary

Hi Mary, there is a reason the roads are so dam good in Spain but we wont get into that! I had my hip removed when i was a child because of a rare type of childhood arthritis and the onset of winter is always a miserable time for me and yes, in Spain i never once had a problem!
Old Sep 25th 2006, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Bit pushy, dont suppose your a researcher for a living are you?
Hi,
No i am not pushy or a researcher, My hubby and i will be moving out shortly and i noticed they were doing a thread regarding 5 things you love about the uk, so i thought i would do the same for Spain so i and others can hear of what people love about the country.

I was just a bit surprised that not a lot of people replied regarding what they love about Spain
Old Sep 26th 2006, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice

Hi,
No i am not pushy or a researcher, My hubby and i will be moving out shortly and i noticed they were doing a thread regarding 5 things you love about the uk, so i thought i would do the same for Spain so i and others can hear of what people love about the country.

I was just a bit surprised that not a lot of people replied regarding what they love about Spain
I can you you an example of one of the reasons I don't like the UK....
Yesterday, walking through my hometown of West Bromwich at about 4.00 pm, I was surprised to see several stalls selling food stuffs from the EU..eg. French stall selling cheeses and lavender, a German stall selling sausages, a Spanish stall with an enourmous paella on the go....anyway I thought it was lovely and was walking around enjoying the different sights and smells. A gang of about 7 school ' thugs' came behind me and I immediatly felt threatened and grabbed my handbag tightly, to turn around to see that they were only about 11years old......they started harrassing the french guys and swearing at the Spanish guy.....telling them that they should 'f' off to their own country, the stall holders told them to go away and stop harrassing them, the kids replied ...'this is fu***** England, it's a free country we can do what we like! You f*** off back to where you come from!''
The kids were a mix of Asian and west Indian, and it shocked me that they could be so racist. I have never seen any racism in Spain....yet....
There doesn't seem to be any respect, manners or moral upbringing in the kids these days. I think in Spain, at least where we are, the kids show respect to elders.
Sorry......just wanted to vent a bit of anger!
Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.