Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

5 out 33 to go.....

5 out 33 to go.....

Old Oct 13th 2010, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 out 33 to go.....

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I do love the irony.

It's Margaret Thatcher's birthday today, and the whole world is focused on a mine.
Superb. Consider it stolen and passed on.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 9:25 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Ah well, while we're on the subject and just to cheer up Bil a little bit.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.a...ntid=154970949
Old Oct 14th 2010, 5:37 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

When I switched on this morning and saw that all the miners have been rescued, I was glad that the whole world had been rewarded for their wall to wall coverage over the past days. There is hope for humanity after all.

Ordinary humanity, which includes wives standing alongside girlfriends (for the same man) as the capsule was opened on reaching the surface. And that Chilean president will sail through the next election contest, he was in the right place at the right time.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 6:07 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Tiger Woods has been spotted at the mine in Chile where miners are trapped underground.

Apparently he misunderstood when he heard there were 33 gold diggers needing boring out.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 7:02 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
When I switched on this morning and saw that all the miners have been rescued, I was glad that the whole world had been rewarded for their wall to wall coverage over the past days. There is hope for humanity after all.

Ordinary humanity, which includes wives standing alongside girlfriends (for the same man) as the capsule was opened on reaching the surface. And that Chilean president will sail through the next election contest, he was in the right place at the right time.
and he did the right thing... something many leaders forget to do....
Old Oct 14th 2010, 7:06 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I hear that Gazza has just arrived too to bring the men a few cans of beer and blankets. He would have been there sooner, but he started on the cans of beer and was breathalysed on his way to the airport, twice.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 8:46 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JLFS
I am surprised to see the good state that they appear to be in, considering their ordeal.
Silly isn't it, I wouldn't have thought they would be bothered with washing & shaving & stuff, but I guess they didn't have much else to do
Glad they are all safe.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Where are the 30+ BBC staff who covered this going to be sent for their next holiday?
Old Oct 14th 2010, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
Where are the 30+ BBC staff who covered this going to be sent for their next holiday?
Kabul hopefully they can then report on something that has significance to UK citizens.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Now I would like to see the owners of the mine (who have apparently filed for bankruptcy probably to avoid having to pay the miners compensation) rounded up and sent down into the chamber one by one in that tiny capsule, and left there for 69 days. That might teach them to pay more attention to safety in Chilean mines in future.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 11:26 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Now I would like to see the owners of the mine (who have apparently filed for bankruptcy probably to avoid having to pay the miners compensation) rounded up and sent down into the chamber one by one in that tiny capsule, and left there for 69 days. That might teach them to pay more attention to safety in Chilean mines in future.
You need to give the whole story not just half of it... The Chilean government is now going to re open the mine because in the process of drilling both rescue shafts they found huge deposits of silver and gold...
Old Oct 14th 2010, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You need to give the whole story not just half of it... The Chilean government is now going to re open the mine because in the process of drilling both rescue shafts they found huge deposits of silver and gold...
Ha ,double wammy for El Presidente then
Old Oct 14th 2010, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I hear that Gazza has just arrived too to bring the men a few cans of beer and blankets. He would have been there sooner, but he started on the cans of beer and was breathalysed on his way to the airport, twice.
I can't take the credit for this one, I'm meremly passing it on.

To be honest it did drag on a bit and wasn't as good as the Raoul (Rip moaty m8) tv extravaganza, probably because they brought them out Juan by Juan.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 4:27 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

One of the wives refused to attend the photo shoot. She was found in the beer tent with a calendar and calculator, crying her eyes out.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 9:20 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
One of the wives refused to attend the photo shoot. She was found in the beer tent with a calendar and calculator, crying her eyes out.
I see one of the guys had proposed to a young lady before he got trapped in the mine, but was turned down flat.

However since he got trapped down below, the same girl proposed to him.

True love or ulterior motives perhaps ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.