Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

3rd post Don't do what we did .

3rd post Don't do what we did .

Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

colin julie is on a distinguished road
Arrow 3rd post Don't do what we did .

House purchase our dream & hopes crushed .Dont do what we did .The vendor wouldn't eccept a deposit or a holding fee
the vendor was also British she strung us along for five months cost us 5 months of un neccessary stress 2 flight tickets 2weeks car hire 2weeks alternative accommodation and expenses & yes we had a brilliant solicitor who we would highly reccommend she is Spanish & English talking and known very well as miss 100% .
we paid a percentage of the fee's which is all we could do in honour as she worked patiently hard on our behalf and warned us that this is a bit unorthodox .
We landed monday 16th april arranged to meet vendor on wednesday at notary vendor's solicitor on the other end of the phone detailed a few moved goal post's then told us she hadn't even left the Uk.so you could imagine the distress my wife & myself was going through sure to god if we were face to face with this lying time wasting B**ch we would have been charged with murder .

To see my wife holding back the tears was heart breaking enough for me and the withheld temper with some form of dignity .Are family at home on the edge of there seats hoping that everything is going smoothly
couldn't be no further away from the truth.
We had prepared everything in the Uk ,even the dogs depressed !passport
rabbies jab the lot and nowhere to go she is a sun worshiper and looks for the last crack of sun through the curtains to lye in so you can imagine how she feels .
we offered deposits holding fee and was declined and was to be completed in good faith .we found out that she was legally sole owner of the property but failed to tell us her ex partner was contesting the sale in court as he had paid for it probably a tax dodge on his behalf, and a cunning lady sorry correction lying (B**th )trying to sell secretly liar liar pants on fire ..:curse:

As for not paying a deposit we cannot claim anything which we were aware of primary if she pulled out .
My wife & I hope this will be a warning !to anyone either in this good faith position or someone about to enter one.Words of trust dont be fooled like us It smelt funny at the time but just had to carry it through .

There is good news though' after days of tension as you could imagine you wouldn't want to be in our car :curse:

After viewing at least 25 properties we had had enough and were going to throw the towel in and spend a day before last on Nerja beach to chill out and lick are wounds my wifes wisdom decides us to give the beach a miss and one last shot before going home to uk.
Found Competa properties like an angel from heaven the area is fantastic the veiws out of this world the property makes the one we lost look like
so the rest is history and money well worth losing although it hurts at the time but money cannot buy the experience so we thought we would share it .
We would like to thank Lizzie & sergio at competa properties for putting that kindness and extra mile in.
Also Paloma Conde for her efficiency & professionalism.Now Mrs 100% congratulations on your recent marriage .
And a very Big special Thank you for JULIE JONES for not turning up for the sale of her property in IZNATE as agreed .

happy to make amigo's in Competa
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3rd post Don't do what we did .

I'm sure your advice is well meant, and it seems to have a happy ending - so congrats.
But to be honest, I haven't a clue what you are talking about.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:12 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Well done and congradulations pherhaps it was fate. Enjoy your new life
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:13 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

They had been had by a woman who couldnt sell the house any way, she has strung them along.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:36 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Am I imagining it or was there a tv programme a while back about some woman with a similar name who had been selling properties she was not entitled to sell, and the buyers were unware that they didn't really own the property until they came to sell?? Sounds like you may have had a lucky escape.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:00 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Colin Julie,looks like you had a lucky escape,Im so pleased you found Competa so nice,thats where we are hoping to move to,Iv been keeping my eye on the properties down there for ages,cant wait,there is another member building a villa near there and Eve has a place and will be over in a few weeks,we will all no doupt meet at some point I hope,Nerca is really nice as well.If you have a mo would you mind sending the phone no of the solicitor you used,Ill add it to all my other info.thanks.
Im sure you will be very happy,you will have to post some pics of your place.Iv seen some wonderfull properties around that area.
At least its all turned out a happy ending for you,brilliant.......
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jandy44
Hi Colin Julie,looks like you had a lucky escape,Im so pleased you found Competa so nice,thats where we are hoping to move to,Iv been keeping my eye on the properties down there for ages,cant wait,there is another member building a villa near there and Eve has a place and will be over in a few weeks,we will all no doupt meet at some point I hope,Nerca is really nice as well.If you have a mo would you mind sending the phone no of the solicitor you used,Ill add it to all my other info.thanks.
Im sure you will be very happy,you will have to post some pics of your place.Iv seen some wonderfull properties around that area.
At least its all turned out a happy ending for you,brilliant.......
hi jandy just worked out how to up load picks

colin & julie
Attached Thumbnails 3rd post Don't do what we did .-competa-house-015.jpg   3rd post Don't do what we did .-competa-house-032.jpg   3rd post Don't do what we did .-competa-house-013.jpg   3rd post Don't do what we did .-competa-house-011.jpg   3rd post Don't do what we did .-competa-house-010.jpg  

Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:49 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Hi Colin and Julie,
wow another person in Competa, glad you had the misfortune and ended up there, sure you will love it, look as if you are just out in the campo by the photos, but you mustn't tell too many people or they will all want to come.

Are you going to live there or is it a holiday home. Sorry if you have already posted this info as I just haven't looked. I have just returned from Comepta but back in 6 weeks for the rest of the summer, OH flew out today.
Good luck in the future, maybe we will bump into each other.
Luv Eve
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:47 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Colin Julie
hi Jandy just worked out how to up load picks

Colin & Julie
Oh thank you for the pics,they look absolutely gorgeous,Im going to show O/H when he arrives from work ( may gee him up ) the scenery round there is to die for its so beautiful,fancy sitting there on an evening with the vino,lucky you...........FANTASTIC
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

The Eagles have landed signed sealed and no stress Brill .
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:56 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by colin julie
The Eagles have landed signed sealed and no stress Brill .

Thats brilliant news,good luck in your new home...........:
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colin julie
hi jandy just worked out how to up load picks

colin & julie
BEAUTIFIL

good luck for the future
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:07 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

I think I understand.

I think I do
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:12 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by derbyflan
I think I understand.

I think I do
Me too lol.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:21 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by derbyflan
I think I understand.

I think I do
Aint difficult lol..............