Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

3 Year plan to move to Spain "HELP"

3 Year plan to move to Spain "HELP"

Old Jun 12th 2016, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

fromwigan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3 Year plan to move to Spain "HELP"

Hi everyone , me and my wife have made the decision that we want to move to Spain , following a long hard think and look at our current financial situation and family etc . We have decided that 3 years will be the right time for us . Our plan is to move over on a long term rental 12 mths allowing ourselves time to get the perspective of everyday life in Spain rather than the holiday feeling . We have thought about it I the past but now it's a very serious plan . We have our own home here in England which we intend to rent out for 6 months then if we settle in Spain we will sell up . We would love to move to Majorca but mainland Spain is a real option Mercia , torrivieca etc . Any advice on our first steps or any steps for that matter :lol would be very gratefully received . Thank you . Kris & Rose
Old Jun 12th 2016, 6:38 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 Year plan to move to Spain "HELP"

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 12th 2016, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Rose . My wife is also called Rosemary
Old Jun 13th 2016, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fromwigan
Hi everyone , me and my wife have made the decision that we want to move to Spain , following a long hard think and look at our current financial situation and family etc . We have decided that 3 years will be the right time for us . Our plan is to move over on a long term rental 12 mths allowing ourselves time to get the perspective of everyday life in Spain rather than the holiday feeling . We have thought about it I the past but now it's a very serious plan . We have our own home here in England which we intend to rent out for 6 months then if we settle in Spain we will sell up . We would love to move to Majorca but mainland Spain is a real option Mercia , torrivieca etc . Any advice on our first steps or any steps for that matter :lol would be very gratefully received . Thank you . Kris & Rose
You haven't mentioned your ages or anything about retirement / work. You will need to prove that you have a regular income to the authorities and have healthcare covered.

If you can cover all the necessary requirements needed for residency then I would highly recommend coming here to live permanently.

Best of luck
Steve
Old Jun 13th 2016, 7:23 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Have you any plans to get round the possibility that in 3 years it may be a lot harder than it is now if the UK votes to leave the EU, or it may be no different, but you do need to have that in your thoughts.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Thank you tebo53 and mikelincs for your reply's very much appreciated . Our ages are I am currently 52 yrs and my wife is 51 yrs , working out at being 55 yrs old when we come to make the initial move . We have some savings set aside which would cover us RE; rental and living cost for around 12 mths and then all going to plan the sale of our current home would leave us with capital . I work in private health care as a sports and rehabilitation therapist , I know that in Spain the health care (private) is some what different to the UK , but I have around 20 yrs experience in private health , the title is a little misleading , I work along the physiotherapy type work involving diagnosing injuries from common ailments like Tennis elbow to rehabilitation from strokes so I have a wide range skills to offer . I would like to continue work 3 days a week if possible . My wife is a crèche nurse but has been out of that field for sometime , currently working part-time as a cleaner . We know that this is not a highly sort after profession in Spain , but she hopefully does not have to work . We have some private health care cover with AXA PPP but we would need to look at this further . Is there any advice apart from learning the language , we should be looking at doing now . Re ; the EU referendum hopefully we will stay in if not we will have to see what new guidelines are proposed . Thanks again Kris & Rose