British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   3 months membership golf course (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/3-months-membership-golf-course-916781/)

Annetje Sep 2nd 2018 7:37 am

3 months membership golf course

Hi
I had a quick search but can't find any info if it is possible to have a 3 months membership of the golf course.
I did sent them an E mail but didn't get any reply ...

Anyone who knows this ?

Also, can one take a dog on a leash whilst playing golf ? My dog is very used to this and is very well behaved (unless he sees another dog ... ;))

Thanks

Annetje Sep 3rd 2018 9:55 am

Re: 3 months membership golf course

No-one ? Hmmm

:confused:

Teed Up Sep 3rd 2018 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12557929)
No-one ? Hmmm

:confused:

Hi,

Not sure you can get a 3 month membership?,most of us are yearly members,
but my brother in law normally buys a package,say 20 rounds with a buggy, the price depends
on the time of year, but once he gets them they normally last for a year?.

He just pops in the club while he's over on holiday.

It does promote its self as a dog friendly course,but not seen that many on the course?.

Ken.

Annetje Sep 3rd 2018 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Teed Up (Post 12557991)
Hi,

Not sure you can get a 3 month membership?,most of us are yearly members,
but my brother in law normally buys a package,say 20 rounds with a buggy, the price depends
on the time of year, but once he gets them they normally last for a year?.

He just pops in the club while he's over on holiday.

It does promote its self as a dog friendly course,but not seen that many on the course?.

Ken.

Thanks for that.
As long as I know there are packages available ... don't fancy paying full price every time I fancy playing.
I do hope I can bring the dog on the course. As I said, he is very used to it, stays on the leash attached to the trolley.

Is this group (roll in or something like that) still playing twice a week ? I did join in for a few very pleasant rounds 4 years ago when I had a little holiday there.

MikeCol Sep 4th 2018 8:27 am

Hi Anne, don't know whether you remember us (Mike and Bryony) but a few years ago we chatted to you via expats & then saw you in the GC, when you were visiting Esuri. Re the 'roll up' it is still going & takes place Monday's & Friday's at 10am (new Winter start time). I think you need to be there about a 1/2 hr before. We no longer live there but still have our home & will be there at the end of Sept so may bump into you if you are there, regards Bryony.

AlandEve Sep 4th 2018 1:48 pm

On the subject of Golf, I played Esuri last week and was disappointed with the general state of the course:

I'm a big supporter of Esuri golf and love the layout of the course but..

All bunkers were unplayable - rocks and builders sand is not a bunker - just club damage..

Weeds on the fairways - I'm not expecting Monte Rai fairways on a local course, but weed spraying can't be that expensive.

The greens were fine but I do fear that golfers will go elsewhere ..I'm taking a group of 12 golfers out next May and we are going to play several courses in the area.. sadly Esuri will not be on the list as in my view its not in good enough shape and we will gladly pay higher fees for better quality (Quinta do vale, Quinta Cima for example).

Alandeve

Annetje Sep 4th 2018 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by MikeCol (Post 12558352)
Hi Anne, don't know whether you remember us (Mike and Bryony) but a few years ago we chatted to you via expats & then saw you in the GC, when you were visiting Esuri. Re the 'roll up' it is still going & takes place Monday's & Friday's at 10am (new Winter start time). I think you need to be there about a 1/2 hr before. We no longer live there but still have our home & will be there at the end of Sept so may bump into you if you are there, regards Bryony.

Hi Bryony, off course I remember the pleasant times I had on the golf course with you 2 and the whole group ! I believe we even had a few lunches after golf on the terrace.
I look forward to try and join the Roll up as much as possible when I am there.
I hope to be in Esuri from beginning of December and then for 3 months, so plenty of time to enjoy all the good the area has to offer.
So no, I won't be there in September but maybe you will be around later in the year ? Sorry to hear you no longer live there though. Such a lovely place.
Hope to see you !

Annetje Sep 4th 2018 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by AlandEve (Post 12558443)
On the subject of Golf, I played Esuri last week and was disappointed with the general state of the course:

I'm a big supporter of Esuri golf and love the layout of the course but..

All bunkers were unplayable - rocks and builders sand is not a bunker - just club damage..

Weeds on the fairways - I'm not expecting Monte Rai fairways on a local course, but weed spraying can't be that expensive.

The greens were fine but I do fear that golfers will go elsewhere ..I'm taking a group of 12 golfers out next May and we are going to play several courses in the area.. sadly Esuri will not be on the list as in my view its not in good enough shape and we will gladly pay higher fees for better quality (Quinta do vale, Quinta Cima for example).

Alandeve

I am sorry about your disappointed experience. The course can be very lovely but I think the management are struggling a bit at the moment.
I used to love El Portil and El Rompido golf courses.

To me playing at Esuri is personal and even though a nicely maintained course is lovely, I really won't get upset if it is not picco bello.