Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

3 month travel.

3 month travel.

Old Sep 16th 2021, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 month travel.

Originally Posted by SanNico
I don't know why people keep looking for more workarounds. There are 2 workarounds. Become a resident or get an EU passport.
I've got a brilliant idea, how about joining that massive trading bloc called the EU and reinstating freedom of movement for UK nationals?
Old Sep 16th 2021, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
Using a UK and Schengen zone passports is simply a practical point. You avoid the queues and delays. Is there a law that probhibits doing this?
I'm guessing you don't have dual citizenship. Neither do I but my kids do. You can use either but it makes sense to use the EU passport in the EU and the UK passport in the UK. Currently you can enter the UK with an EU ID card. My experience of the queues is that the UK passport e-gates are slower than the EU and non-EU queues but that's mostly to do with idiots not lowering their masks.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 1:31 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You will not be able to use an EU , EEA or Swiss national ID card to enter the UK from 1 October 2021 unless you: have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Xisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud of

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont...L0038-20110616

I think this is the legal info you requested earlier Fred
Old Sep 16th 2021, 5:44 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly, no. It is the current EU residency rules. I am talking about the freedom of movement under the Schengen rules. The document you have quoted says what you have to do if you wish to stay for more than 90 days, it does not cover entry requirements for multiple less than 90 day visits. It applies to all people, EU or otherwise if they wish to LIVE in an EU state.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Xisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud of

https://travel.stackexchange.com/que...-an-eu-citizen

Does this help ?

Old Sep 17th 2021, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Sadly, no. It is the current EU residency rules. I am talking about the freedom of movement under the Schengen rules. The document you have quoted says what you have to do if you wish to stay for more than 90 days, it does not cover entry requirements for multiple less than 90 day visits. It applies to all people, EU or otherwise if they wish to LIVE in an EU state.
I think the “Irish passport” thread just answered the question with the quote from the EU.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 8:16 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stingychips
There are so many obvious flaws. What happens if you fly into Spain and drive into France. No customs checks .
Why would there be customs checks between two countries in the same customs union?