British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   2019 Municipai Election Results (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/2019-municipai-election-results-925393/)

EsuriJohn May 31st 2019 7:08 am

2019 Municipai Election Results

Can anyone confirm who will be Ayamonte’s new Mayor for the next four years? I know that the council seats are split 10 seats each for PP & PSOE with the one extra seat won by Podemos. Has the decision been made who the deciding seat will support?

guesswork May 31st 2019 7:36 am

Re: 2019 Municipai Election Results

I believe it will be PSOE as I have seen their leader announcing the Ruta de la Tapas on Fbook

EsuriJohn May 31st 2019 7:54 am

Originally Posted by guesswork (Post 12691537)
I believe it will be PSOE as I have seen their leader announcing the Ruta de la Tapas on Fbook

If that is the case we (CERA Golf Club Members Neighbours) need to be lobbying hard for the new Lady Mayor Natalia (formerly tourism chief for the Junta in Huelva to get behind COSTA ESURI from the get go. She needs to get a grip on the ongoing works which seem very ad-hoc and not well specc’d with regard to the pavements.

But most urgently and of utmost importance to all of Ayamonte to facilitate the sale of the golf course to a new owner.

if we are to believe what has just been posted on FB that the existing owner pulled the sale at the notary office that suggests to me problems with the outstanding debts. This is just an ordinary sale of property from one owner to the next and the law would apply that all debts have to be paid and proved before a sale takes place. The previous sale Fadesa-Hidrocarburos resulted from a liquidation auction and it appears that the €2+ million debts was carried forward till today (and growing by the day).

Margaret and Derek May 31st 2019 3:10 pm

I may be totally wrong here as my Spanish is rubbish, but speaking to a few locals this morning they have a deadline which I think is the 15th July to pick a new Mayor, if they do not reach agreement goodness knows what happens. As Mick says I am sure somebody has been put in charge in the meantime to perform the duties.

Dxf May 31st 2019 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by guesswork (Post 12691537)

Which is when please?

Davexf

bxpuser24710519 May 31st 2019 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Dxf (Post 12691768)
Which is when please?

Davexf

Can't resist it ….google is your friend :-)

EsuriJohn Jun 1st 2019 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Margaret and Derek (Post 12691712)
I may be totally wrong here as my Spanish is rubbish, but speaking to a few locals this morning they have a deadline which I think is the 15th July to pick a new Mayor, if they do not reach agreement goodness knows what happens. As Mick says I am sure somebody has been put in charge in the meantime to perform the duties.

“Politics is the art of what you don’t see,” one of the negotiators summed up. In the coming weeks, little will be seen but there will be plenty of movement behind the scenes. The solutions will begin to take shape on June 15, when the mayors are voted in. Until then, anything could happen. It is similar to U.K. where they have a Mayor making meeting after the elections but in Spain’s case it is not a ceremonial post.

Margaret and Derek Jun 14th 2019 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 12691539)

If that is the case we (CERA Golf Club Members Neighbours) need to be lobbying hard for the new Lady Mayor Natalia (formerly tourism chief for the Junta in Huelva to get behind COSTA ESURI from the get go. She needs to get a grip on the ongoing works which seem very ad-hoc and not well specc’d with regard to the pavements.

But most urgently and of utmost importance to all of Ayamonte to facilitate the sale of the golf course to a new owner.

if we are to believe what has just been posted on FB that the existing owner pulled the sale at the notary office that suggests to me problems with the outstanding debts. This is just an ordinary sale of property from one owner to the next and the law would apply that all debts have to be paid and proved before a sale takes place. The previous sale Fadesa-Hidrocarburos resulted from a liquidation auction and it appears that the €2+ million debts was carried forward till today (and growing by the day).

Natalia was at the Passage this morning and by the amount of handshakes she was getting I am pretty sure she is the new mayor.

EsuriJohn Jun 14th 2019 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Margaret and Derek (Post 12698111)
Natalia was at the Passage this morning and by the amount of handshakes she was getting I am pretty sure she is the new mayor.

if that is the true storey then we need to get on her case ASAP so that she understands that CE is critical and needs intensive care now or it may not survive into the sunlit uplands it ought to b.

EsuriJohn Jun 15th 2019 5:53 am

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 12698136)

if that is the true storey then we need to get on her case ASAP so that she understands that CE is critical and needs intensive care now or it may not survive into the sunlit uplands it ought to b.

newspaper reports yesterday confirm Natalia is to be installed as Ayamonte first ever female Alcalde today. BUT only for a months trial subject to the Podemos guy continuing to support her. Like I said earlier we must make her aware of the critical state of CE and seek her support to improve things.

keithBT Jun 15th 2019 1:07 pm

I'm assuming that making the new mayor aware of the dire situation at the GC and Esuri in general is something that the CERA will take on. Alternatively should all of us perhaps undertake to bombard her email inbox with a standard letter asking for ACTION ? There must be at least a few hundred CE owners on this forum. It would make a point and get us noticed?? Ie, Those whom shout loudest ! Also when I was there last month I could see no evidence of money being spent on the infrastructure - that is the MF deposited money. Easier said that done I know, but somehow we need to get a handle on what is happening to that money ring fenced for CE improvements. At the time the road surface on the second roundabout ( bottom of hill) was dangerous.

EsuriJohn Jun 15th 2019 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 12698488)
I'm assuming that making the new mayor aware of the dire situation at the GC and Esuri in general is something that the CERA will take on. Alternatively should all of us perhaps undertake to bombard her email inbox with a standard letter asking for ACTION ? There must be at least a few hundred CE owners on this forum. It would make a point and get us noticed?? Ie, Those whom shout loudest ! Also when I was there last month I could see no evidence of money being spent on the infrastructure - that is the MF deposited money. Easier said that done I know, but somehow we need to get a handle on what is happening to that money ring fenced for CE improvements. At the time the road surface on the second roundabout ( bottom of hill) was dangerous.

It is much worse now downright dangerous as people try to avoid the bottomless pit nearest the kerb. We can’t leave it all to CERA they write often but never get any replies. There is a web tool you can use and attach photographs that might be a better way.

keithBT Jun 15th 2019 2:24 pm

Anyone have an email address for the position of mayor of Ayamonte ????

EsuriJohn Jun 15th 2019 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 12698514)
Anyone have an email address for the position of mayor of Ayamonte ????

Sorry Keith don’t know if she has a direct email address but you can report problems on this web page which is in English:-

App Línea Verde Ayuntamiento de Ayamonte - Avisa de tu incidencia online

There is also an App Linda Verde which you can use to report problems and add photographs.

bitmanev Jun 15th 2019 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 12698488)
Alternatively should all of us perhaps undertake to bombard her email inbox with a standard letter asking for ACTION ? There must be at least a few hundred CE owners on this forum. It would make a point and get us noticed?? Ie, Those whom shout loudest ! Also when I was there last month I could see no evidence of money being spent on the infrastructure - that is the MF deposited money.

If you do make sure you write those emails in Spanish as if I was a new Mayor I wouldn't be impressed with a inbox full of english emails...