Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The 2007 Grand National

The 2007 Grand National

Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice
Default Re: The 2007 Grand National

Originally Posted by Unexpat
That great British institution, the Grand National, is upon us once again at 16:15 (17:15 CET) today.

Anyone know of any options for watching the race live in Spain please?

PS. I'm on Hedgehunter - the old ones are the best
Well I had a strange thing happen, ...I had already picked 2 horses during the week, and decided to do 2 " pin pricks " on Saturday, but changed my mind and cut out all the names from the paper and then with eyes closed picked out 2, and would you believe the 1st two I picked out were the 2 that I had already chosen mid-week ...it didn`t help, the best I did was a 5th
Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Originally Posted by crispygirl
I don't believe it I came on this thread to get away from you two boys and here you are just for that I am going to give you both one of these each

Right, I didn't watch the race to day but way back when....and I'm sure someone will tell me when that was I had the 1st and 2nd place in the office sweepstake I won a bundle with Red Rum and Crisp. In fact I won two year running with Red Rum my hubby at the time said I was mad betting on Red Rum the 2nd year boy did he have egg on his face I know the date of this was in the early 70's as I was working in Fleet Street at the time.
Good on you for having the courage of your convictions and backing the previous year's winner, the following year. Statistically, over 60% of winners on chases of 3 miles or more, are won by the favourite. Not that I know anything about racing, just a few facts stick in one's mind

Anyway, it was 1973, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...03/2889541.stm - the year that Ireland, Denmark and the UK joined the EEC and also the end of the Vietnam war, not to mention the start of Watergate, so it should be memorable in more ways than one
Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:01 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonsol
Well I had a strange thing happen, ...I had already picked 2 horses during the week, and decided to do 2 " pin pricks " on Saturday, but changed my mind and cut out all the names from the paper and then with eyes closed picked out 2, and would you believe the 1st two I picked out were the 2 that I had already chosen mid-week ...it didn`t help, the best I did was a 5th
Sounds about right for my luck too. ;-)
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

ITS HAPPENED AGAIN, Well sort of,..Yesterday was the Scottish National, I had already picked one horse, ( it came 2nd ), and I cut the runners names out and put them in a bowl to choose 2 more at random, the result was one was the eventual winner and the other pulled up, but this morning was going to throw the cut out names away and decided to pick one more out to see if it had done any good, and would you believe it the name pulled out was the horse placed 3rd.........what are/were the chances of that I wonder
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

ITS HAPPENED AGAIN, Well sort of,..Yesterday was the Scottish National, I had already picked one horse, ( it came 2nd ), and I cut the runners names out and put them in a bowl to choose 2 more at random, the result was one was the eventual winner and the other pulled up, but this morning was going to throw the cut out names away and decided to pick one more out to see if it had done any good, and would you believe it the name pulled out was the horse placed 3rd.........what are/were the chances of that I wonder
That you picked the 1st 2nd and 3rd in a 40 runner race? 1/40 x 1/39 x 1/38

That you did it twice in a row?

About 3.5 billion to 1, if I'm not mistaken
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 3:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Unexpat
That you picked the 1st 2nd and 3rd in a 40 runner race? 1/40 x 1/39 x 1/38

That you did it twice in a row?

About 3.5 billion to 1, if I'm not mistaken
Should of had a euro on it.;-)