British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   The 2007 Grand National (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/2007-grand-national-442121/)

Unexpat Apr 14th 2007 10:49 am

The 2007 Grand National

That great British institution, the Grand National, is upon us once again at 16:15 (17:15 CET) today.

Anyone know of any options for watching the race live in Spain please?

PS. I'm on Hedgehunter - the old ones are the best ;)

Mitzyboy Apr 14th 2007 11:12 am

Re: The 2007 Grand National

Originally Posted by Unexpat (Post 4640639)
That great British institution, the Grand National, is upon us once again at 16:15 (17:15 CET) today.

I have consistently picked out the wrong horses for as long as I remember ... from what I have read its a lot more open this year, no big favourites. Now wheres that pin ........ :)

SmartiesUK Apr 14th 2007 1:15 pm

Hedgehunter :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: on the slide and far too much weight though loads will be on it trust me. Get on Longshanks at a decent price and if you want a good outsider thisthatandtother at a big 66-1 if he can stay the distance but the ground is in his favour today :thumbsup:

Big_john Apr 14th 2007 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK (Post 4640980)
Hedgehunter :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: on the slide and far too much weight though loads will be on it trust me. Get on Longshanks at a decent price and if you want a good outsider thisthatandtother at a big 66-1 if he can stay the distance but the ground is in his favour today :thumbsup:

So does this mean that we now have our own online betting information service:thumbup:

COWBOY_BUILDER Apr 14th 2007 2:29 pm

I'm going to have "A bob each way up and down double" on
"Dusty Carpet"....it's going to take some beating...;)

Mitzyboy Apr 14th 2007 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by COWBOY_BUILDER (Post 4641238)
I'm going to have "A bob each way up and down double" on
"Dusty Carpet"....it's going to take some beating...;)

You could make a pile!

mikelincs Apr 14th 2007 3:10 pm

Turn on the TV, select BBC1 and you can watch, or go to almost any expat bar, it's sure to be on there.

sunnydee Apr 14th 2007 3:41 pm

Yes - I got the winner:thumbsup:
Maybe its going to be a lucky week for me.
Drinks on me tonight!

Unexpat Apr 14th 2007 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 4641417)
Turn on the TV, select BBC1 and you can watch, or go to almost any expat bar, it's sure to be on there.

Hmmm, no BBC channels on my TV and no expat bars anywhere near either.

In the end, I watched it from an online feed courtesy of Ladbrokes. Hedgehunter was indeed carrying too much weight, or perhaps was not fit enough, but at least stayed on his feet. My wife covered my losses by backing the second each-way :)

I think there is coverage on one of the Canal+ sport channels later at 19:05 for a blow by blow.

rugbymatt Apr 14th 2007 4:45 pm

had a win today, first race, friends horse, £50 at 33-1 each way, came in second!!

off to the pub in a bit, in a very good mood!!

Douglas jack Apr 14th 2007 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 4641750)
had a win today, first race, friends horse, £50 at 33-1 each way, came in second!!

off to the pub in a bit, in a very good mood!!

rugbymatt Apr 14th 2007 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Douglas jack (Post 4643184)

you tried to take the piss out of a post that wasn't even addressed to you, that is stalking, and I could quite easily have grounds to report you.

crispy Apr 15th 2007 12:16 am

I don't believe it:eek: I came on this thread to get away from you two boys and here you are just for that I am going to give you both one of these each :wub: :wub:

Right, I didn't watch the race to day but way back when....and I'm sure someone will tell me when that was I had the 1st and 2nd place in the office sweepstake I won a bundle with Red Rum and Crisp. In fact I won two year running with Red Rum my hubby at the time said I was mad betting on Red Rum the 2nd year boy did he have egg on his face:rofl: I know the date of this was in the early 70's as I was working in Fleet Street at the time.

Douglas jack Apr 15th 2007 12:20 am

Originally Posted by crispygirl (Post 4643328)
I don't believe it:eek: I came on this thread to get away from you two boys and here you are just for that I am going to give you both one of these each :wub: :wub:

Right, I didn't watch the race to day but way back when....and I'm sure someone will tell me when that was I had the 1st and 2nd place in the office sweepstake I won a bundle with Red Rum and Crisp. In fact I won two year running with Red Rum my hubby at the time said I was mad betting on Red Rum the 2nd year boy did he have egg on his face:rofl: I know the date of this was in the early 70's as I was working in Fleet Street at the time.

Sorry.

mikelincs Apr 15th 2007 6:48 am

Originally Posted by crispygirl (Post 4643328)

Reckon the people at my ex work place will have been glad to see the back of me, I won the sweepstake for the National two years running, and got the second the year before, last win was the year I retired..:lol: :lol: