Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

2 QQ please.......Quick Questions re taxi/facebook?

2 QQ please.......Quick Questions re taxi/facebook?

Old Jun 1st 2016, 6:28 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2 QQ please.......Quick Questions re taxi/facebook?

Hi pls can somebody help re:-

1. Taxi. With Esuri Taxi we finally had a great service. Is the new system/ownership recommended and does it truly deliver a good late night service, please? We've had a few bad experiences with so-called 24 hour services and its been a few long walks back from town late at night! Esuri Taxi always delivered, and got all our biz including non late night.

2. On a totally different track... I am looking for a Belgian community nearby in PT / ES or a watering hole frequented by Belgians. This would be great for us for the footy but also generally for meeting other Belgians socially. Is Facebook a tool to find them, please, or is there another way? I don't know FB but may finally succumb if it helps here.

Thanks in advance

Jon
Old Jun 1st 2016, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 QQ please.......Quick Questions re taxi/facebook?

Can't help with the Belgians sorry, face book has many pluses and may well have a local group.

In the early weeks after taxi take over I got no response to phone calls nor messages left on the FB page. I gave up. I later heard that it was not running full service then on FB saw recently is was up and running. I use a local Spanish man if I need a taxi. I am seldom far afield at night so cannot tell you about late night service.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 10:17 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Can't help with the Belgians sorry, face book has many pluses and may well have a local group.

In the early weeks after taxi take over I got no response to phone calls nor messages left on the FB page. I gave up. I later heard that it was not running full service then on FB saw recently is was up and running. I use a local Spanish man if I need a taxi. I am seldom far afield at night so cannot tell you about late night service.
Thanks CW...

Uh-OH not sounding good and high season is coming!

Ive been there before and so was so pleased with the proper and professional service we got from ET...

Oh well, lets see. If there's even a doubt, I wont use them! Not returning calls is a very worrying feedback... especially if volumes rise.

Crazy you don't need a dragon from the den to tell you that good service brings regular customers and repeat business. In this case I know of several people who ONLY used ET uniquely, like ourselves. What a huge advantage to miss out on! I think there was only one or two times I used another taxi as ET was on an airport run.

Thanks
Jon

PS maybe another tapas on the route this year again??

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 1st 2016 at 10:24 am.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Ruta de Tapa, I doubt I will make it this year.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks CW...

Uh-OH not sounding good and high season is coming!

Ive been there before and so was so pleased with the proper and professional service we got from ET...

Oh well, lets see. If there's even a doubt, I wont use them! Not returning calls is a very worrying feedback... especially if volumes rise.

Crazy you don't need a dragon from the den to tell you that good service brings regular customers and repeat business. In this case I know of several people who ONLY used ET uniquely, like ourselves. What a huge advantage to miss out on! I think there was only one or two times I used another taxi as ET was on an airport run.

Thanks
Jon

PS maybe another tapas on the route this year again??
Hi Jon, according to ET FB page there were admin problems after the take over and also Greg was unwell. Since then the postings have all been positive and on the 25th of April there was a post to say everything was up and running smoothly. I will speak to a few friends who use the service and let you know their thoughts, regards Bryony
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 9:40 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Jon, according to ET FB page there were admin problems after the take over and also Greg was unwell. Since then the postings have all been positive and on the 25th of April there was a post to say everything was up and running smoothly. I will speak to a few friends who use the service and let you know their thoughts, regards Bryony
Thanks Bryony

I also got a PM about this and will keep the fingers crossed that we get a good service and they get a good business.

Look forward to hearing their thoughts, thanks

Jon