Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

1p Ryanair Flights inc all taxes

1p Ryanair Flights inc all taxes

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1p Ryanair Flights inc all taxes

Originally Posted by twyntub
It's almost a certainty that it'll overrun - but as far as destinations are concerned, I find they're actually quite good on their 1p sales. I can usually find flights from ALC to most of the UK destinations I need for work.

With Ryanair, timing is everything. They release seats at odd times - for example the April flight I just booked wasn't available at that price two days ago. You have to just keep 'vigilant'.

Of course, once the new system is in, it'll almost certainly be able to introduce new and more sophisticated pricing 'rules' from the current one, so we may all have to learn how the new system works to get the best of the bargains in the future.
Oh, I was hoping you could do that and roll out the info for the rest of us.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:48 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I won`t be waiting up, so there will be a bit more room for those that do....
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
Oh, I was hoping you could do that and roll out the info for the rest of us.
Well, the principle will probably remain the same - as with any pricing / billing system, the competitive advantage comes from being able to offer complex pricing / discounts in a format that your competitors can't - thereby making your prices *look* cheaper.

Only the OFT got wise to this and demanded that airlines cannot advertise fairs for 1p when the compulsory charges amount to £30-40!

This doesn't stop airlines being creative though. Ryanair's latest charge - for "checking in" has gone down a storm!

Just remember when you book that prices will go down as well as up. The cheap seats aren't all released on day one, in fact it's sometimes the most expensive ones that are (the Stansted legs for this Summer originally came out at €149!). Booking early will give you the greatest flexibility and choice... but not ALWAYS the best prices.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future

For those that are interested it seems the 1p flights are released at noon UK time Tuesday.
Dont get confused by all the smoke. I've made use of this offer before and its genuine. If you agree to check in on line and only have hand luggage it will cost you 1p inc all taxes each leg of your flight. If want to have checked luggage and are therefore checking in at the airport its going to cost you for 2 things on each flight. But the principle remains the same, Ryanair has been charging for check in and luggage for a while now.
Of course this all depends on the availability of flights on the days you want to travel and on your route. But with some work you can have a return flight for 2p as long as u can get all your belongings in a carry on bag. Which can be 55x40x20cm max 10kg if my memory serves me right.
Hope some of you find some bargains.
BBH
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twyntub
Well, the principle will probably remain the same - as with any pricing / billing system, the competitive advantage comes from being able to offer complex pricing / discounts in a format that your competitors can't - thereby making your prices *look* cheaper.

Only the OFT got wise to this and demanded that airlines cannot advertise fairs for 1p when the compulsory charges amount to £30-40!

This doesn't stop airlines being creative though. Ryanair's latest charge - for "checking in" has gone down a storm!

Just remember when you book that prices will go down as well as up. The cheap seats aren't all released on day one, in fact it's sometimes the most expensive ones that are (the Stansted legs for this Summer originally came out at €149!). Booking early will give you the greatest flexibility and choice... but not ALWAYS the best prices.
It is a lottery I know and the ones that get the best deals are generally older people with more flexible lifestyles and usually more ready cash.

I like Ryanair as I check in online so avoid the extra charges and if we are travelling as a family, I try to take my own snacks which saves me about £50 per trip. I am amazed at the number of people that pay for food and drinks in euros - the airbourne exchange rate is dire.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:27 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Since the original post on this thread we have been looking at prices on Ryanair’s (RA) web site. We could not find any of these so called 13 cent flights. There were even articles in the local Galician newspapers.

So understanding that the upgrade was to ensure that the airfare prices are more transparent. RA, along with some other airlines are seemingly in trouble with Office of Fair Trading about the difference between advertised costs and actual costs.

Now reading BBH ¡s post and looking at RA website, nothing has really moved on. The advertised price does not include check in. We shall not be rushing to book with RA.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7259170.stm
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Since the original post on this thread we have been looking at prices on Ryanair’s (RA) web site. We could not find any of these so called 13 cent flights. There were even articles in the local Galician newspapers.

So understanding that the upgrade was to ensure that the airfare prices are more transparent. RA, along with some other airlines are seemingly in trouble with Office of Fair Trading about the difference between advertised costs and actual costs.

Now reading BBH ¡s post and looking at RA website, nothing has really moved on. The advertised price does not include check in. We shall not be rushing to book with RA.

Yes, I was expecting prices to include taxes but I've just been searching for Sept and they still seem to be separated.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of

i am confused by your comments as i have been on the ryanair site today and found a 1p flight out to almeria from stanstead and a return that was no charge.
mind you i always look at tuesday flights out as i find them usually to have 1p flights out..and the return on a saturdays are normally good...

carole
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:51 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madcarole
i am confused by your comments as i have been on the ryanair site today and found a 1p flight out to almeria from stanstead and a return that was no charge.
mind you i always look at tuesday flights out as i find them usually to have 1p flights out..and the return on a saturdays are normally good...

carole
Now we can see they have added the cost of flights for 1p or 13 cents. But by looking at the PDF the routes are few and far between.
To clarify our other post may be we should have been a bit clearer. As we understand the reason for the re-branding was to make the costs more transparent. RA simply has not done this.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:20 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

My mother was looking at a East Midlands to Granada flight in late july at a reasonable price. Then the system went down. Then last night its running at a crawl and when we eventually got to the pages they have all gone up. Sadly no 1p flights into granada
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

CarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud of

Now we can see they have added the cost of flights for 1p or 13 cents. But by looking at the PDF the routes are few and far between.
To clarify our other post may be we should have been a bit clearer. As we understand the reason for the re-branding was to make the costs more transparent. RA simply has not done this.
What's a PDF ??? Have not yet figured out how to look at more than 1 day at a time on this site. Anybody help there ??
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 1p Ryanair Flights inc all taxes

Hi All,

This new Ryanair site is a real B***ard to work through. Since we are both semi retired we have flexibility on dates, at squezyjet we just click on the calender view and you can arrive at a reasonable cost flight pretty quickly. Not so with Ryanair on the old site you had to look for a small yellow tab at the top of the page saying cheap flights. IT IS NOT THERE ON THE NEW PAGE.

However since I treat the task of booking with Michael as in intellectual exercise I have been putting in some practise. The first few days were awful it was so slow it would not open pages. This morning it was OK so I pressed on and found the flight I wanted Faro/Stansted was €39 + T&C, €138 all up seemed to much so I pressed the look again box and lo and behold a new box was alongside the click for calender box iinviting me to be flexible on dates click on this and it gives you a short calender view and bingo there were penny flights €20 all up.

The new site is awful but it no doubt complies with the letter of the law. If you want to travel cheaply you have to be as hard and determined as Michael is to take you money to keep most of it from him.

For a 2.5 hours flight I don't need food and drink a good book keeps my mind off what is going on around me. If we are going for ten days or less a very carefully bought max size case each means no hold luggage and we can then check in on line. So we are at the starting gate with the early boarders but not having paid for priority boarding so what we see is what we get 2 flights from Faro/Stansted for €20, less than we would pay for the bus fare from MK to Luton. It can't be real but it is so play him at his own game and be determined!

Regards,

John.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Feb 27th 2008 at 8:52 am.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

CarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi All,

This new Ryanair site is a real B***ard to work through. Since we are both semi retired we have flexibility on dates, at squezyjet we just click on the calender view and you can arrive at a reasonable cost flight pretty quickly. Not so with Ryanair on the old site you had to look for a small yellow tab at the top of the page saying cheap flights. IT IS NOT THERE ON THE NEW PAGE.

However since I treat the task of booking with Michael as in intellectual exercise I have been putting in some practise. The first few days were awful it was so slow it would not open pages. This morning it was OK so I pressed on and found the flight I wanted Faro/Stansted was €39 + T&C, €138 all up seemed to much so I pressed the look again box and lo and behold a new box was alongside the click for calender box iinviting me to be flexible on dates click on this and it gives you a short calender view and bingo there were penny flights €20 all up.

The new site is awful but it no doubt complies with the letter of the law. If you want to travel cheaply you have to be as hard and determined as Michael is to take you money to keep most of it from him.

For a 2.5 hours flight I don't need food and drink a good book keeps my mind off what is going on around me. If we are going for ten days or less a very carefully bought max size case each means no hold luggage and we can then check in on line. So we are at the starting gate with the early boarders but not having paid for priority boarding so what we see is what we get 2 flights from Faro/Stansted for €20, less than we would pay for the bus fare from MK to Luton. It can't be real but it is so play him at his own game and be determined!

Regards,

John.
Well I have just checked again this morning for Valencia to East Midlands, and lo & behold, this time I found the box for flexible dates and was presented with flights a week at a time. Better than only 1 flight at a time, but still not the month at a time that would make life a lot easier. Never mind, as I soon spotted a couple of options for 39.99 Euros. Not a bad all inclusive price - lets go for it. Click to the next page, and what do we find? Yes, you have guessed correctly - price for 2 pass jumps from the expected 160 Euros to 248 !!!! So their prices quoted on the search page do NOT contain taxes & fees. Ah well, back to Jet2 from Leeds I suppose.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:12 am

CarolandTonyFor the PDF just click on “Click here for 1million 1p flights availability” Which is on the first page, below the big advert square.

A big thanks to John and Kath for the detailed information on how to find those elusive tickets. Our local airport did not come up on the PDF we found.
But those flights and we found that they were advertised as 1 Euro cent went up with taxes and handling fees. So it is the same old RA:curse:
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CarolandTony
Well I have just checked again this morning for Valencia to East Midlands, and lo & behold, this time I found the box for flexible dates and was presented with flights a week at a time. Better than only 1 flight at a time, but still not the month at a time that would make life a lot easier. Never mind, as I soon spotted a couple of options for 39.99 Euros. Not a bad all inclusive price - lets go for it. Click to the next page, and what do we find? Yes, you have guessed correctly - price for 2 pass jumps from the expected 160 Euros to 248 !!!! So their prices quoted on the search page do NOT contain taxes & fees. Ah well, back to Jet2 from Leeds I suppose.
BEFORE YOU GO ON THE SITE CAN I SUGGEST THAT YOU CLEAR YOUR COOKIE FOLDER AS IT HAS BEEN SUGGESTED BEFORE THAT RTHE SITE RECOGNISES COOIES AND CAN ADJUST PRICING ACC..
NOT SURE HOW IT WORKS PERHAPS TECHIE PERSION WILL EXPLAQIN AAGAIN...
SO SORRY FOR THE CAPITALS BUT MY BUTTON IS STUCK...LOL AND MY K KEY IS PLAYING ME,.UP..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.