British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   1p Ryanair Flights inc all taxes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/1p-ryanair-flights-inc-all-taxes-516380/)

BriscasBetterHalf Feb 22nd 2008 3:28 pm

1p Ryanair Flights inc all taxes

Ryanair are doing one of their pretty fantastic offers again. 1p flights inc all taxes (of course you have to pay for your checked luggage and if you don't check in on line)
Seems they have to shut the website for an overhaul and when they come back are offering 1 million 1p seats.
Anyway, make your own mind up, HERE is the link to the press release but do yourself a favour, stay up late Monday night, book a couple of 1p flights and go to bed with a :D on your face! The good deals might be gone by morning :(
Catch you all later :thumbup:

EsuriJohn Feb 22nd 2008 4:13 pm

Re: 1p Ryanair Flights inc all taxes

Originally Posted by BriscasBetterHalf (Post 5969311)
Ryanair are doing one of their pretty fantastic offers again. 1p flights inc all taxes (of course you have to pay for your checked luggage and if you don't check in on line)
Seems they have to shut the website for an overhaul and when they come back are offering 1 million 1p seats.
Anyway, make your own mind up, on your face! The good deals might be gone by morning :(

We got the 1p email a couple of days ago just after we had booked 2 seats on the new Stansted - Faro route 1p out and £14.99 back giving a total of £30 for fares and £104 all up. Internet check in, hand luggage only and no insurance.

So we went back and looked at the revised cost with 1p fares both ways and low and behold it is £58, we are £50 down so we looked at changing the return flight but this costs £18.99 plus card fee each. Thats £40 for 2 so Michael wins again!
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

Bri and Katee Feb 22nd 2008 5:04 pm

Yup. We booked way back in January when the new seasons prices came out, E.Midlands to Alicante for 4 in early May, thought we had a good deal at £427 all in. Now though the same flights can be had for a 1p each way +baggage+ taxes:curse:

BriscasBetterHalf Feb 22nd 2008 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee (Post 5969641)
Yup. We booked way back in January when the new seasons prices came out, E.Midlands to Alicante for 4 in early May, thought we had a good deal at £427 all in. Now though the same flights can be had for a 1p each way +baggage+ taxes:curse:

Just plus baggage................ taxes included in the 1p (don't ask me how they do it!).......... Sorry to make it worse :( shame Ryanair don't fly a route we can use to Bristol.

scampicat Feb 22nd 2008 7:43 pm

Thanks for that, we're going to stay up late Monday night!

Our nearest route will be from Granada/Jaen into either East Midlands or Liverpool, but we can get to the West Midlands by train when we get there. Would like to be able to fly into Birmingham but as far as I can see there is no suitable Spanish airport to fly from that goes into Birmingham.

Good luck everyone who wants to book!

EsuriJohn Feb 22nd 2008 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by scampicat (Post 5970342)
Thanks for that, we're going to stay up late Monday night!

Our nearest route will be from Granada/Jaen into either East Midlands or Liverpool, but we can get to the West Midlands by train when we get there. Would like to be able to fly into Birmingham but as far as I can see there is no suitable Spanish airport to fly from that goes into Birmingham.

Good luck everyone who wants to book!

Thompson have extensive routes from Coventry you could look at that, though we do not find them as cheap as the others. Also Easyjet from east midlands but they may not do Granada.

montgomail Feb 22nd 2008 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by John & Kath (Post 5970359)
Thompson have extensive routes from Coventry you could look at that, though we do not find them as cheap as the others. Also Easyjet from east midlands but they may not do Granada.

I used them all the time until recently but they seemed to have stopped their Valencia route!

Mourinho Feb 22nd 2008 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by BriscasBetterHalf (Post 5969311)
Anyway, make your own mind up, HERE is the link to the press release but do yourself a favour, stay up late Monday night, book a couple of 1p flights and go to bed with a :D on your face! The good deals might be gone by morning :(

Dont get your hopes up too high , they will be flights to german cities youve never heard of on a tuesday or wednesday ,wouldnt wait up monday night , will be well into tuesday if the overhaul goes to plan later if not .

twyntub Feb 22nd 2008 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Mourinho (Post 5970694)
Dont get your hopes up too high , they will be flights to german cities youve never heard of on a tuesday or wednesday ,wouldnt wait up monday night , will be well into tuesday if the overhaul goes to plan later if not .

Well, I've just booked a trip to the UK for April... three minutes before they turned the system off :D

Total cost was £20 including all charges, but to get it down to that I had to agree to check-in on-line, travel only with hand luggage, fly the plane myself as far as Paris then put on an apron and help on the refreshments cart! :rofl:

brisca Feb 22nd 2008 9:23 pm

You absolutely crack me up twyntub :rofl:

You should be on the stage!

brisca Feb 22nd 2008 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Mourinho (Post 5970694)

You might be right about the overhaul taking longer than anticipated :unsure:
You might also be right about the destinations that will be offered.

However, Keith got a Madrid to Bournemouth flight on September 11th last year (that was the only thing I wasn't too keen on!) for a grand total of 1 cent!!
He's just trying to pass on information that might be helpful to others too ;)

Mourinho Feb 22nd 2008 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by brisca (Post 5970813)

However, Keith got a Madrid to Bournemouth flight on September 11th last year (that was the only thing I wasn't too keen on!) for a grand total of 1 cent!!
He's just trying to pass on information that might be helpful to others too ;)

It cost £70 to fill car up today in good old blighty , so i think we can all see flights are a bargain even at 2 cents !

But Ryanair have a their system down for 3 days , people go to their site to book a flight and can't , so to stop you going elsewhere they advertise the promise of 1p flights without giving any details of routes and dates .

But 1p flights are available every day of the week on the site widely available thru april & may to spanish destinations , i wouldn't want you to wait up all monday night for nothing i was just trying to pass on information that might be helpful !

EsuriJohn Feb 22nd 2008 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Mourinho (Post 5970898)
It cost £70 to fill car up today in good old blighty , so i think we can all see flights are a bargain even at 2 cents !

But Ryanair have a their system down for 3 days , people go to their site to book a flight and can't , so to stop you going elsewhere they advertise the promise of 1p flights without giving any details of routes and dates .

But 1p flights are available every day of the week on the site widely available thru april & may to spanish destinations , i wouldn't want you to wait up all monday night for nothing i was just trying to pass on information that might be helpful !

The difference here was that they did include most taxes and charges, hence the £50 difference in our costs when we got one leg for a penny and one for £14.99 it still came to £104 but had we booked after the offer opened it would have been £58.

But I refused to let kath be a trolly dolly and my eyesight won't let me fly a 737.

twyntub Feb 22nd 2008 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by brisca (Post 5970813)

It's almost a certainty that it'll overrun - but as far as destinations are concerned, I find they're actually quite good on their 1p sales. I can usually find flights from ALC to most of the UK destinations I need for work.

With Ryanair, timing is everything. They release seats at odd times - for example the April flight I just booked wasn't available at that price two days ago. You have to just keep 'vigilant'.

Of course, once the new system is in, it'll almost certainly be able to introduce new and more sophisticated pricing 'rules' from the current one, so we may all have to learn how the new system works to get the best of the bargains in the future.

scampicat Feb 22nd 2008 11:10 pm

[QUOTE=John & Kath;5970359]Thompson have extensive routes from Coventry you could look at that, though we do not find them as cheap as the others. Also Easyjet from east midlands but they may not do Granada.[/QUOte.

Yes, we have used the Coventry route into Granada. However, we're only 20 miles away from Birmingham International on a good train route.

And Almeria is actually our nearest airport in Spain, but we can also do Granada and Malaga.

Just wanted the 1p Ryanair ones!:)

I read from other posts that they may not in fact be available from any of these?

If they are not I'll just use skyscanner to look for flights into Birmingham like I always do.