Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

17 propertys burgled over the last 2 days

17 propertys burgled over the last 2 days

Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Default 17 propertys burgled over the last 2 days

All of them using the same method of entry all of them losing there TV and more Police were informed yesterday but failed to show up ,up till 6.30 PM today Maybe tomorrow ?? on one manzana 5 houses in a row were broken into... I get the feeling were sitting ducks in Esuri..I pay for two propertys into the E U C ,could somone out there please tell me where my moneys gone and what was it spent on ????????? It seems the local tea leaves know we have no security...
Old Feb 20th 2011, 7:15 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 17 propertys burgled over the last 2 days

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
All of them using the same method of entry all of them losing there TV and more Police were informed yesterday but failed to show up ,up till 6.30 PM today Maybe tomorrow ?? on one manzana 5 houses in a row were broken into... I get the feeling were sitting ducks in Esuri..I pay for two propertys into the E U C ,could somone out there please tell me where my moneys gone and what was it spent on ????????? It seems the local tea leaves know we have no security...
Sorry to hear you are one of the many who have been targeted - we are on holiday there at Easter staying with friends - big hugs to you all xxxxx
Old Feb 20th 2011, 7:38 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

There was a wave of break ins going through Ayamonte itself, mostly shops got broken into. But always the same method of breaking in, a carjack under the security shutters. So not only Esuri gets targeted, it´s a typical winter again.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:42 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

This is very distressing for the people who have learnt that their properties have been broken into and worrying for everyone thinking it may happen again. In our village there were 2 houses broken into and not only were valuables taken they trashed the home..they are such ***???/* !!

Not got the EUC budgets to hand but was there a figure for security ? IF not sod the CE office and entertainment expenses and have money directed towards security instead.

Mel
Old Feb 21st 2011, 8:30 am
Jur

There is only one answer: Security grills.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 17 propertys burgled over the last 2 days

Originally Posted by Jur
Depends on the location of the property. If it has vehicle access they are not above hitching a hook to the back of a 4x4 and pulling half the wall out or as you say a car jack between the bars is quiet and just as effective. It is just a Spanish style thing (and profitable for the manufacturers and fitters). Go over into Portugal and they are just not seen. I don't believe the thieves recognise the river as a border so they must be just as susceptable over there.

I have not seen as much attention given to CE since all of this started. We have had Guardia Civil in various guises, National Police, Local police and plain clothes police in unmarked cars. It has certainly stirred things up. In my view the answer must lie in community based action how or what I don't know but we have to draw together to fight this menace.

I have been walking a dog these last few nights at about 10pm and it strikes me that we are so few permanant residents during the week that something terrible might happen if in an isolated location say up near Tasa or Rago 3 someone was to see something and try to stop what was happening. They might not turn out to be just "tea leaves" in that situation.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Feb 21st 2011 at 10:55 am.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
I fitted hasp and padlock to the bottom of the roller shutters and doubled the tower bolts on the casement shutters so they can't be lifted off the hinges. It's a visible deterrent really, any determined burglar could overcome them but hopefully they will look for easier pickings.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 11:24 am
Jur

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Depends on the location of the property. If it has vehicle access they are not above hitching a hook to the back of a 4x4 and pulling half the wall out or as you say a car jack between the bars is quiet and just as effective. It is just a Spanish style thing (and profitable for the manufacturers and fitters). Go over into Portugal and they are just not seen. I don't believe the thieves recognise the river as a border so they must be just as susceptable over there.

I have not seen as much attention given to CE since all of this started. We have had Guardia Civil in various guises, National Police, Local police and plain clothes police in unmarked cars. It has certainly stirred things up. In my view the answer must lie in community based action how or what I don't know but we have to draw together to fight this menace.

I have been walking a dog these last few nights at about 10pm and it strikes me that we are so few permanant residents during the week that something terrible might happen if in an isolated location say up near Tasa or Rago 3 someone was to see something and try to stop what was happening. They might not turn out to be just "tea leaves" in that situation.
Still might be better to have them, see MikeJ´s post: They will look for easier pickings.

Originally Posted by MikeJ
I fitted hasp and padlock to the bottom of the roller shutters and doubled the tower bolts on the casement shutters so they can't be lifted off the hinges. It's a visible deterrent really, any determined burglar could overcome them but hopefully they will look for easier pickings.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 11:25 am
Jur

Wasn´t there an ex-policeman (British) patroling Esuri?
Old Feb 21st 2011, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

An alarm connected to central control is the best deterrent, costs around 30 (ish) euros a month for monitoring, can also come with video surveillance as well.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
An alarm connected to central control is the best deterrent, costs around 30 (ish) euros a month for monitoring, can also come with video surveillance as well.
Do you need a telephone line for the monitoring - or is it done wirelessly in some way?
Old Feb 21st 2011, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Do you need a telephone line for the monitoring - or is it done wirelessly in some way?
It can be both tho don't know if the mobile version is available here.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:13 pm
Jur

Yes, Emsevipro is a company which installs these type of alarm systems. With landline or mobile phone.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Hi Jur
There were 21 propertys broken into ,,Two of which had Security grills.. What we need is the Security that were paying for...........
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Jur
There were 21 propertys broken into ,,Two of which had Security grills.. What we need is the Security that were paying for...........
I thought a proportion of our IBI went to pay for Local Police and our Hacienda Tax to pay for all the other police forces Spain has, where are they when you need them What is our Town Mayor doing about it, what is the President of our EUC doing about it, what are your community Presidents doing about it (we don't have one) these are the people who should be very active just now.

We need a community solution which will have many facets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.