Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

16 year old has sex change in Spain

16 year old has sex change in Spain

Old Jan 13th 2010, 6:58 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default 16 year old has sex change in Spain

A 16-year-old Spaniard had a sex change operation, becoming the country's first minor to undergo a procedure that few countries in the world allow for people so young, the patient's doctor has announced

so what do you think?
Old Jan 13th 2010, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 16 year old has sex change in Spain

Good on him, erm her

Another example of Spain's liberal progressive attitudes, to add to gay marriage, rights of gay couples to adopt, legalisation of illegal immigrants, investments in green energy, impressive reductions of gender violence and traffic deaths

If it wasnt for the economy, Spain would be doing well!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 7:19 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Good on him, erm her

Another example of Spain's liberal progressive attitudes, to add to gay marriage, rights of gay couples to adopt, legalisation of illegal immigrants, investments in green energy, impressive reductions of gender violence and traffic deaths

If it wasnt for the economy, Spain would be doing well!
yes, Spain does seem to be becoming very 'liberal' in a lot of ways
Old Jan 13th 2010, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Seems there are another 15 queuing up to be done!
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/6050.../sexo/menores/
It'll be something different to show the boys behind the bike shed!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

About this thread, I think that it is a shame. With the undesirable that we have in the Government, it can happen any thing

You explain to me this incongruity: In Spain (and with this government) people of less than 18 years cannot vote, but now yes they can decide on miscarrying or not. That of this government is the madness to the maximum expression. And this it is an example, I could give many more

Last edited by Relampago; Jan 13th 2010 at 12:25 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Relampago
In Spain (and with this government) people of less than 18 years cannot vote, but now yes they can decide on miscarrying or not.
There are several in the Spanish article that think much the same as you. Just my personal opinon, but this kid is 16, and has been taking hormones for at least a year, so could even have been 14 when the decision was made to have a "reasignación de sexo". Lots of kids are very mixed up sexually at that age, that seems a very young age to be making decisions that will affect the rest of their lives.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 6:18 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

About this thread, I think that it is a shame. With the undesirable that we have in the Government, it can happen any thing

You explain to me this incongruity: In Spain (and with this government) people of less than 18 years cannot vote, but now yes they can decide on miscarrying or not. That of this government is the madness to the maximum expression. And this it is an example, I could give many more
Exactly why I don't have a problem with this. I love the attitude of the (mostly) younger generation that are happy to be in a free and liberal country as opposed to the Big Brother nany state UK. At 16 someone can make a decision on something that will directly affect their personal life but cannot make a decision on who is in power (for example) which can affect mine and 40+ millions of other lifes. Good on him/her or anyone else that doesn't feel comfortable with their life and wants to do something about it.
p.s. Franco esta muerto!

Originally Posted by agoreira
There are several in the Spanish article that think much the same as you. Just my personal opinon, but this kid is 16, and has been taking hormones for at least a year, so could even have been 14 when the decision was made to have a "reasignación de sexo". Lots of kids are very mixed up sexually at that age, that seems a very young age to be making decisions that will affect the rest of their lives.
Their lives and not ours, not a problem for me.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 6:32 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Gender dysmorphic people usually know they are in the wrong body by the time they hit double figures.

A very sensible treatment is to prescribe hormone supressants pre puberty, this buys time and then at 16 if they so wish, the surgeon has a less gender specific body to work with.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Madridboy

Their lives and not ours, not a problem for me.
Not a problem for me either, but the OP asked "so what do you think?" You've given us your thoughts on it, I gave mine.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 8:52 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Not a problem for me either, but the OP asked "so what do you think?" You've given us your thoughts on it, I gave mine.
And don't you always!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

p.s. Franco esta muerto!
I had never seen so many impositions, prohibitions, censorships etc etc etc, since Zapatero governs. This PSOE (the PSOE of Zapatero, of course) is only liberal for what interests (gays, lesbians, feminists etc etc). And I can give you all the examples that you want, for example the law of positive discrimination, an authentic juridical aberration, an insult to the freedom and the equality. If you are Spanish, you should know it. The franquismo here doesn't say nothing. It finished 35 years ago. Now we have Zapatero's dictatorship
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:21 am
Yaaarp

I had never seen so many impositions, prohibitions, censorships etc etc etc, since Zapatero governs. This PSOE (the PSOE of Zapatero, of course) is only liberal for what interests (gays, lesbians, feminists etc etc). And I can give you all the examples that you want, for example the law of positive discrimination, an authentic juridical aberration, an insult to the freedom and the equality. If you are Spanish, you should know it. The franquismo here doesn't say nothing. It finished 35 years ago. Now we have Zapatero's dictatorship
Please do....maybe in another thread so as not to go too off topic.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And don't you always!
That's what forums are about, different opinions make for discussion, without it the forum is dead. The answer is simple of course, there is someone on here who's input I value as much as you do mine, so I have blocked him, I don't have to read him, I suggest you do the same with me. Life will so much more enjoyable for you. Es asi de simple.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 3:17 pm
Yaaarp

That's what forums are about, different opinions make for discussion, without it the forum is dead. The answer is simple of course, there is someone on here who's input I value as much as you do mine, so I have blocked him, I don't have to read him, I suggest you do the same with me. Life will so much more enjoyable for you. Es asi de simple.
Wow, what an over reaction, or did you merely interpret that badly? We are having a bit of a week of it aren't we dear, not too happy with ourself lately are we? Those gray clouds getting you down a little? Do try to keep it to yourself dear and not air your dirty laundry in public.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 3:37 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

OK - leave out all this personal stuff and get back on topic - please!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.