British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   01cranshawt's thread about moving to Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/01cranshawts-thread-about-moving-spain-942050/)

01cranshawt Dec 23rd 2021 12:35 pm

01cranshawt's thread about moving to Spain

Hello, my name is Tom and I am new to the forum. I am a British citizen looking to move on a short term residency to Valencia, Spain. My job allows me to work anywhere so I would like to take this opportunity to live in Spain. I would be employed by a UK company but could potentially be employed instead by our Portugal office or look to open a Spanish branch. Could I please get some advice on my options and how I could look to move? I would be hoping to move in Summer 2022. Many thanks and kind regards

Tom

christmasoompa Dec 23rd 2021 1:01 pm

Re: 01cranshawt's thread about moving to Spain

Hi Tom, welcome to BE.

I've moved your post to our Spain forum, where I think you'll get more response. This recent thread may be useful reading, some good info about visas and being able to work remotely in Spain in here - https://britishexpats.com/forum/spai...advice-941886/

HTH and good luck.

SanNico Dec 23rd 2021 2:34 pm

I think there may be a limit on the number of visas granted to Toms in Valencia, you're the second to enquire this week.

Jokes aside, if your employer is doing it for you then you're in luck, all you need to do is get yourself over here and make sure your employer uses a decent relocation agent to deal with the paperwork.

Moses2013 Dec 23rd 2021 2:46 pm

All visa types can be found at the bottom of page and even in English

Visas (FAQ)

01cranshawt Dec 26th 2021 11:19 am

Hello everyone,

Many thanks for all your help on this!

Can anyone recommend a reliable Gestoria?

Also, does anyone know how long it would take to set up a branch of a company in Spain?

Many thanks again all.

Kind regards

Tom

01cranshawt Dec 26th 2021 11:20 am

Thanks so much for this Moses2013! Hugely appreciated

EU.flag Dec 26th 2021 11:57 am

Originally Posted by 01cranshawt (Post 13083331)
Hello, my name is Tom and I am new to the forum. I am a British citizen looking to move on a short term residency to Valencia, Spain. My job allows me to work anywhere so I would like to take this opportunity to live in Spain. I would be employed by a UK company but could potentially be employed instead by our Portugal office or look to open a Spanish branch. Could I please get some advice on my options and how I could look to move? I would be hoping to move in Summer 2022. Many thanks and kind regards

Tom

Can you explain what do you consider to be "short term residency"? In next sentence you say you want to live in Spain. Which is it?
In your circumstance, you can only move to Spain with support of company internal transfer. That transfer will also hit your payslip, expect smaller Spanish pay.

You cant be employed by PT office and work/live and Spain. It would be no different then employed by UK office, except for tiny payslip in PT. Google brexit.

SanNico Dec 28th 2021 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by EU.flag (Post 13083855)
Can you explain what do you consider to be "short term residency"? In next sentence you say you want to live in Spain. Which is it?
In your circumstance, you can only move to Spain with support of company internal transfer. That transfer will also hit your payslip, expect smaller Spanish pay.

You cant be employed by PT office and work/live and Spain. It would be no different then employed by UK office, except for tiny payslip in PT. Google brexit.

I've never known a relocation to hit the pay slip negatively. If the OP's company are relocating him/her the chances are they're getting a nice package and more than likely a pay rise. As for remote working between EU countries, it's possible. It's not easy but it's not impossible.

01cranshawt Ask your employer to figure it all out and engage a relocation agency. You won't always get the correct answers on a forum.