British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   ¿Any techies out there today? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/%C2%BFany-techies-out-there-today-732330/)

Rosemary Sep 14th 2011 12:25 pm

¿Any techies out there today?

A strange anomaly has occured with Rosemary´s computer, I wondered if anyone could help.
Switched on after lunch, internet homepage MSN UK locks up, powered off then back on sgain, tried changing default to MSN.com no problems. Have run ccleaner and avast but to no avail. My old laptop is not having any problems with MSNUK and we both run from the same modem. I use XP and Rosemary being rich has Vista.
Any ideas?

Graham

licinius Sep 14th 2011 12:50 pm

Re: ¿Any techies out there today?

Try,

Start/All programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore

Hopefully you'll just be able to select a date in the past & 'click'

snikpoh Sep 14th 2011 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by The Oddities (Post 9620478)
A strange anomaly has occured with Rosemary´s computer, I wondered if anyone could help.
Switched on after lunch, internet homepage MSN UK locks up, powered off then back on sgain, tried changing default to MSN.com no problems. Have run ccleaner and avast but to no avail. My old laptop is not having any problems with MSNUK and we both run from the same modem. I use XP and Rosemary being rich has Vista.
Any ideas?

Graham

Microsoft were having problems last week and hotmail wasn't working.

Go to microsoft page (live.com???) and see what message is displayed about the status of their services - maybe it's an issue with them.

bxpuser24710519 Sep 14th 2011 1:22 pm

My msn messenger did not work this morning but been fine since. I frequently get a message saying they have problems but normally it sorts itself by me just trying again or re booting.

Rosemary Sep 14th 2011 2:43 pm

Thanks everyone for trying. Because it was totally unuseable I went into control panel/internet options/ and took out msn and then clicked on predetermined user. This seems to have cured it.

Rosemary

paintermujer Sep 14th 2011 5:47 pm

Well done.

Rosemary Sep 14th 2011 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by The Oddities (Post 9620821)
Thanks everyone for trying. Because it was totally unuseable I went into control panel/internet options/ and took out msn and then clicked on predetermined user. This seems to have cured it.

Rosemary

Rosemary is not happy, it has gone wonky again.

Graham

jdr Sep 14th 2011 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by The Oddities (Post 9621549)
Rosemary is not happy, it has gone wonky again.

Graham

She may have a nasty in it, post the problem in The Lab and someone will help out.
Or download Malwarebytes update it then run it.

Rosemary Sep 14th 2011 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 9621651)
She may have a nasty in it, post the problem in The Lab and someone will help out.

I am on now because I have gone in via American MSN not UK.

Rosemary

jdr Sep 14th 2011 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by The Oddities (Post 9621655)
I am on now because I have gone in via American MSN not UK.

Rosemary

I can`t understand why you have to "go in through MSN"
Do you use IE or Firefox ?
Just set all your favourites as tabs, then all you have to do is click on them to change from site to site.

Rosemary Sep 14th 2011 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 9621687)
I can`t understand why you have to "go in through MSN"
Do you use IE or Firefox ?
Just set all your favourites as tabs, then all you have to do is click on them to change from site to site.

Do not ask me, I only use the thing, he sets things up. I will get him to think about it tomorrow, that is if his brain is working at all.

Rosemary

megmet Sep 15th 2011 12:37 am

Originally Posted by snikpoh (Post 9620565)
Microsoft were having problems last week and hotmail wasn't working.

Go to microsoft page (live.com???) and see what message is displayed about the status of their services - maybe it's an issue with them.

Yes that's correct, a friend couldn't use her hotmail at all, mine was just acting a little strange...but it's OK now!

busters mum Sep 15th 2011 10:50 am

Originally Posted by The Oddities (Post 9621726)
Do not ask me, I only use the thing, he sets things up. I will get him to think about it tomorrow, that is if his brain is working at all.

Rosemary

Ha ha ha :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rosemary Sep 15th 2011 11:46 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 9621651)

Will try IE, thanks.

Graham