Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

It´s bloody freezing this morning....

It´s bloody freezing this morning....

Old Nov 29th 2008, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of
Default Re: It´s bloody freezing this morning....

Originally Posted by ForHotspot
I live in Richmond. 2 yrs ago, 3 or 4 families in my court sold their houses like hot cakes & all of a sudden this year everything has slowed down. Never know what will happen next year. I still have hope to move to Spain. I like the weather in Spain. Don't think it will get colder than here.

The other day London was warmer than here. You have to remember the houses are not like UK houses.

Wendy x
Old Nov 29th 2008, 3:53 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Richmond. 2 yrs ago, 3 or 4 families in my court sold their houses like hot cakes & all of a sudden this year everything has slowed down. Never know what will happen next year. I still have hope to move to Spain. I like the weather in Spain. Don't think it will get colder than here.
We lived in Ainsworth crescent, Richmond in the early 70´s.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

G ot car out to go to work this morning 4below freezing
BRRRRRRRRR:curse: Brecon beacons white with frost.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wendy Nesbeth
The other day London was warmer than here. You have to remember the houses are not like UK houses.

Wendy x
When I lived in Uk, it was freezing most of the times as the Uk houses are not properly insulated. I'm hoping the Spanish houses have better insulation but most of the times the temperature is higher than in the UK.

Originally Posted by jdr
We lived in Ainsworth crescent, Richmond in the early 70´s.
You probably won't recognise Richmond now from the 70's. IMO it seems too overcrowded with houses esp condos & townhouses. When they pull down a big house, they built 2 or 3 smaller houses.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

When I lived in Uk, it was freezing most of the times as the Uk houses are not properly insulated. I'm hoping the Spanish houses have better insulation but most of the times the temperature is higher than in the UK.
I think you will find that unless they are new builds, they are unlikely to have any insulation.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Back up to 22c and sunny now.
Benalmadena 22 today? Drove Colmenar-Calahonda & back 11.30/2.40ish & car thermometer went 7 - 16 - 7. Must have been 22 in your living room!

Insulation/walls ? Our walls are c.1m thick, need extra long drills to get through.... which is ok as far as it goes - cool for longer in spring/summer, warm for longer in autumn/winter but once the chill sets in brrrrrrrrr!

Last edited by fionamw; Nov 29th 2008 at 4:33 am. Reason: memory...
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by valenciatim
I think you will find that unless they are new builds, they are unlikely to have any insulation.
I'll be looking for a new build in Spain.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 6:32 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Benalmadena 22 today? Drove Colmenar-Calahonda & back 11.30/2.40ish & car thermometer went 7 - 16 - 7. Must have been 22 in your living room!

Insulation/walls ? Our walls are c.1m thick, need extra long drills to get through.... which is ok as far as it goes - cool for longer in spring/summer, warm for longer in autumn/winter but once the chill sets in brrrrrrrrr!
On the balcony, it was colder inside. lol
Old Nov 29th 2008, 7:28 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

My terrace (SW facing), Mijas area has been only 14C all afternoon and I think it felt lower with the wind chill. Bright and sunny most of the time but needed heating on all day.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Went to Lugo today - snow ploughs were out clearing the roads.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by battlezone123
That sounds about right

It was -2 here at 3pm when I passed town centre clock
Old Nov 29th 2008, 2:27 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

http://weather.weatherbug.co.uk/Spai...&lang_id=en-gb

Just pop your location in the box and keep in your favs. I have over the last year found it on the whole pretty spot on.

Last edited by poshnbucks; Nov 29th 2008 at 2:32 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 2:30 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by battlezone123

Great weather for Ducks next week.

http://weather.weatherbug.co.uk/Spai...&lang_id=en-gb

Last edited by poshnbucks; Nov 29th 2008 at 2:34 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:51 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
our apartment is only 4/5 years old

we have double glazing - but no insulation

and we even have a damp patch that keeps re-appearing in the living room!
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:37 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
On the balcony, it was colder inside. lol
Understand what you are saying there, some days we sit outside in the sun because it's warmer than indoors. We are in an old town house.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.