WOW This place is dead.....

Old Aug 22nd 2014, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of light
Default WOW This place is dead.....

Seems nobody around anymore? Everybody left SA?

Well we booked our flights back to SA in March next year (just a holiday)
2 Weeks in Joburg and 2 weeks in CT. Looking forward to it.
Old Aug 24th 2014, 3:52 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WOW This place is dead.....

Originally Posted by kiwibok

Well we booked our flights back to SA in March next year (just a holiday)
2 Weeks in Joburg and 2 weeks in CT. Looking forward to it.

We need a tumbleweed smilie.
Old Aug 24th 2014, 4:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed

We need a tumbleweed smilie.
Attached Thumbnails WOW This place is dead.....-weed.jpg  
Old Aug 25th 2014, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of light

Good stuff. Glad to see the lights are not quiet out yet .....

Ed. Hows it hanging mate? Hows SA treating you?
Old Aug 25th 2014, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 25th 2014, 12:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff. Glad to see the lights are not quiet out yet .....

Ed. Hows it hanging mate? Hows SA treating you?
It isn't...the clue is in his location.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 3:44 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It isn't...the clue is in his location.
New Zealand are a few years behind the rest of us
Old Aug 25th 2014, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 25th 2014, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jamaica? Ed?
You move to greener pastures? Is that not like going from the pot into the fire?
Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:42 am

Jamaica? Ed?
You move to greener pastures? Is that not like going from the pot into the fire?
Yeah, left a month ago. I'll miss Africa every day until I die, but I'm also glad to be out.

Jamaica is a stop gap while we consider a USA move. 2 years max, and so far so good. We're in the north, so the Cape Town of Jamaica (but smaller than Ballito). It suits us fine, kids are in the pool non-stop, and everything (including the government and the cops) work. Makes a nice change!
Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:44 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was going to be an ebola joke thread.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, left a month ago. I'll miss Africa every day until I die, but I'm also glad to be out.

Jamaica is a stop gap while we consider a USA move. 2 years max, and so far so good. We're in the north, so the Cape Town of Jamaica (but smaller than Ballito). It suits us fine, kids are in the pool non-stop, and everything (including the government and the cops) work. Makes a nice change!
At least if you bored you can joint a local bobsleigh team

Jamaica actually sounds really nice. Good luck Ed.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 12:53 pm

Since you posted this the African forum has been hectic. Almost 5 posts!

At least if you bored you can joint a local bobsleigh team

Jamaica actually sounds really nice. Good luck Ed.
Thanks - we're happy. I'm trying to not check News24 - I keep reading about how things just look worse every day and you wonder how you can be so blind - Pablo's boiling frog theory. It's so obvious once you have left how bad things are getting.

Anyway - the bobsled team are still spoken about here in reverential tones. More so than Usain Bolt, which is a little odd. Me? Red stripe and the beach - yeah man.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Since you posted this the African forum has been hectic. Almost 5 posts!

Thanks - we're happy. I'm trying to not check News24 - I keep reading about how things just look worse every day and you wonder how you can be so blind - Pablo's boiling frog theory. It's so obvious once you have left how bad things are getting.

Anyway - the bobsled team are still spoken about here in reverential tones. More so than Usain Bolt, which is a little odd. Me? Red stripe and the beach - yeah man.
When I made this post I did not realize that there was now a South Africa separate forum. I seem to recall everything was just under africa. But maybe I missed it because the south africa forum is not shown on the main page, like the main page lists other countries. Something the mods should fix.

The boiling frog theory is a good one. I notice the changes when I go back. But those that live there just seem to not know any different. The negatives stick out more and more each time I return. But, in the same token, the progress is huge. And I am always left being undecided if South Africa is moving forwards or backwards overall. From my last visits however I have been finding myself being more positive about SA than my family/friends that live there.
Old Sep 4th 2014, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When I made this post I did not realize that there was now a South Africa separate forum. I seem to recall everything was just under africa. But maybe I missed it because the south africa forum is not shown on the main page, like the main page lists other countries. Something the mods should fix.

Yeah, it doesn't show on the main page, since it is a sub-forum of a sub-forum of a hug continent. Glad you found it though.

It would be something that Sue needs to address, but I doubt it, since it is consistent with the hierarchy of the other forums.

I've requested it be moved.

Last edited by Alfresco; Sep 4th 2014 at 9:14 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.