Visa's etc....

Old Apr 29th 2013, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

chez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Visa's etc....

Hi everyone

I have some questions, if I may.

My husband is born and bred South African, he has lived in the UK 12yrs and got his British passport without retaining his South African passport (stupidly)
I am British as are our 2 children, aged 5 and 7.
We are moving to Cape Town as soon as we can sell the house and get everything sorted out.
Now I believe he is entitled to permanent residency in SA? but he needs a letter from High Commission (he has ID number), does he need anything else? He also has old passport and id although cancelled he was issued with an ID number via email.

I assume I will need to apply for a relative vise, what about the kids though? as they are school age will they need their own relatives visa? or be listed on mine? Can I even apply for a relatives visa on my husbands current status?
I really don't want to go through an immigration agent.

Also will we need return flights?

One more question!! we got married 10yrs ago in the Seychelles so we have a Seychelles marriage certificate, will this be a problem?

Thanks so much
Old Apr 29th 2013, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Visa's etc....

Originally Posted by chez33
Now I believe he is entitled to permanent residency in SA? but he needs a letter from High Commission (he has ID number), does he need anything else? He also has old passport and id although cancelled he was issued with an ID number via email.
Hi Chez

Yes he is entitled to permanent residency as he was born in South Africa.

As he did not take up dual citizenship it means his SA citizenship has been automatically renounced. (unless he was under 18 when he left SA, under 18's automatically retain their South African citizenship for life) How old was he when he left?
Old Apr 30th 2013, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

chez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Visa's etc....

Thanks Kiwi.

He was old! well about 25/26!

we realise he retains it but does he need to do anything before we go? and can I apply for relatives permit with his status as it is?