Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa > South Africa
Reload this Page >

Telephone system in Rhodesia

Telephone system in Rhodesia

Old Feb 26th 2017, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

Stephen in Houston is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Telephone system in Rhodesia

Does anyone know the name of the organization that operated the telephone system in Rhodesia (Southern Rhodesia)? Especially in the years following the second world war.

Last edited by Stephen in Houston; Feb 26th 2017 at 11:34 pm. Reason: Typographical error
Old Mar 5th 2017, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telephone system in Rhodesia

The Post Office ? That would be the Ministry of Posts and Telegraphs. I seem to remember that Edgar Whitehead was the Minister in charge.

Last edited by scot47; Mar 5th 2017 at 12:27 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

When in doubt, ask the Mormons - from their archives -

https://familysearch.org/search/cata...tory%20Library
Old Mar 18th 2017, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No follow up from Stephen in Houston ?
Old Mar 31st 2017, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Stephen in Houston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scot47
The Post Office ? That would be the Ministry of Posts and Telegraphs. I seem to remember that Edgar Whitehead was the Minister in charge.
Thanks. Sorry for the slow reply. My wife has early onset Alzheimer's, I have a mother in a nursing home with health and senility problems and a mother in law that is having problems taking care of herself since her husband died. Sometimes I get swamped and lose track of almost everything I'm trying to get done. I figured it was patterned after the British system but I wasn't sure. Have a good one.