Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa > South Africa
Reload this Page >

South Africa visa requirements

South Africa visa requirements

Old Mar 16th 2018, 11:19 am
Just Joined

1lawyer1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile South Africa visa requirements

Hi there,
My son was married to a South African citizen in December 2017 and wishes to go to s.a. To live with his wife. We understand that he should apply for a spouse visa under the temporary residence criteria. He hopes to get. Visa for 2.5 years initially which can then be renewed for a further 2.5 years. Can anyone tell whether he definitely needs to provide financial information with the visa application?
As far as we can see this is not necessary.However we have contacted VFS Global,who handle the visa applications in London on behalf of the South African High Commission and they insist that the financial information is mandatory for this type of visa. Can anyone help clarify this point because we are very confused? many thanks
Old Mar 20th 2018, 8:55 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: South Africa visa requirements

Originally Posted by 1lawyer1
Hi there,
My son was married to a South African citizen in December 2017 and wishes to go to s.a. To live with his wife. We understand that he should apply for a spouse visa under the temporary residence criteria. He hopes to get. Visa for 2.5 years initially which can then be renewed for a further 2.5 years. Can anyone tell whether he definitely needs to provide financial information with the visa application?
As far as we can see this is not necessary.However we have contacted VFS Global,who handle the visa applications in London on behalf of the South African High Commission and they insist that the financial information is mandatory for this type of visa. Can anyone help clarify this point because we are very confused? many thanks
I went to SA on an accompanying spouse visa back in 2007 and provided no information - but now VFS do all the visa applications on behalf of home affairs, you’re kinda screwed. Unfortunately what they say goes. So if they ask for it, you better provide it. I would assume they won’t process your application at all unless all their boxes are ticked.
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

chefandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: South Africa visa requirements

Originally Posted by 1lawyer1
Hi there,

I am applying for the same visa...
I was told by VFS email helpline that I need £600 plus it had to be in the account of the South Africa national.. although when I called the helpline I was told it could be a joint account. I then double check with a second phone call and this time I was told it could be my account.

Incidently I contacted a consultant and they said no such finiacial proof was required..

How did your sons application go?