Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa > South Africa
Reload this Page >

Shipping a car to South Africa

Shipping a car to South Africa

Old Mar 30th 2021, 9:16 am
Just Joined

Heanic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping a car to South Africa

I live in the Western Cape and am currently in the UK following the death of my mother who has left me her 12 year. Old VW golf. I’d like to ship it to SA together with other household items. Is it possible to do as it hasn’t been in my name for 12 months but has been gifted to me? Does anyone know of a reliable and knowledgeable expert in matters regarding car shipments to South Africa?
Old Mar 30th 2021, 10:58 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping a car to South Africa

Originally Posted by Heanic View Post
I live in the Western Cape and am currently in the UK following the death of my mother who has left me her 12 year. Old VW golf. I’d like to ship it to SA together with other household items. Is it possible to do as it hasn’t been in my name for 12 months but has been gifted to me? Does anyone know of a reliable and knowledgeable expert in matters regarding car shipments to South Africa?

Welcome to BE
We dao ask all new members to have a quick read of the forum rules, pale bar at the top, and should you have any sire related problems please contact one of the moderators, names in bold at the bottom right of each forum page.

We do have a South Africa section on the forum,https://britishexpats.com/forum/south-africa-171/ but it doesn't seem to be very active, you could post there and hope it is seen, or post on our removals forum asking for recommendations. https://britishexpats.com/forum/over...nal-moves-193/
Old Mar 30th 2021, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

MartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond repute

As above. The SA forum has been pretty moribund for several years now, but I had a quick look and there are a couple of old threads about shipping/importing vehicles. The moderator is, or used to be, Ed <<<SNIP>>> and he contributed to some of these. I knew him in SA years ago but we've sort of lost touch, and I'm reluctant to share the contact details I still have. He's in the UK now and you might be able to reach him through the forum, or one of the mods?

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 31st 2021 at 2:48 pm. Reason: Name removed
Old Mar 31st 2021, 2:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartynK View Post
As above. The SA forum has been pretty moribund for several years now, but I had a quick look and there are a couple of old threads about shipping/importing vehicles. The moderator is, or used to be, Ed and he contributed to some of these. I knew him in SA years ago but we've sort of lost touch, and I'm reluctant to share the contact details I still have. He's in the UK now and you might be able to reach him through the forum, or one of the mods?
Contact him here...

https://britishexpats.com/forum/members/ededed-66717/

I am moving this thread over to the S Africa forum.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 31st 2021 at 2:48 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2021, 7:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

These guys might help ....

https://www.autoshippers.co.uk/car_s...0Town%2FDurban.