Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa > South Africa
Reload this Page >

Problems getting my doctor to sign the Bi-811 form

Problems getting my doctor to sign the Bi-811 form

Old Oct 16th 2013, 11:09 am
Just Joined

bradlodge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problems getting my doctor to sign the Bi-811 form

hey ed, im having problems getting my doctor to sign the Bi-811 form as he says it dosent state what procedures are needed can you help me out, is it just a medical examination, nobody has been able to give me any information about how to get it signed thanks
Old Oct 16th 2013, 2:34 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself before posting

Originally Posted by bradlodge
hey ed, im having problems getting my doctor to sign the Bi-811 form as he says it dosent state what procedures are needed can you help me out, is it just a medical examination, nobody has been able to give me any information about how to get it signed thanks
Hi Brad, this will need to be posted in the South African forum - I'm sure a friendly mod can move this for you. Once there, I will try my best to answer!
Old Oct 17th 2013, 11:09 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problems getting my doctor to sign the Bi-811 form

Ive moved it (Although I'm not often described as friendly :-) )
Old Oct 18th 2013, 5:07 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bradlodge
Hi Brad,

a Bi-811 form is pretty self explanatory, and your doctor should simply check for signs of the diseases listed on it. Making sure you don't have an STD, leprosy or aren't mad. (although it would make your stay in SA easier if you were).

Point C is the telling one - in a general good state of health. My GP did mine in the UK in about 10 minutes.

You will also need chest x-rays to make sure you don't have TB - a good site for many of the forms you need is here (including the Bi-811):

http://www.immigration.org.za/forms.htm

Hope this helps. Tell your GP to grow a pair and sign the damn form.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Ive moved it (Although I'm not often described as friendly :-) )
I assumed it would have been a different mod
Old Oct 18th 2013, 6:49 am
Just Joined

bradlodge is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah thanks Ed, after much hassle, i.e contacting the embassy to contact my doctor, linking him forum posts etc etc, I have finally manage to get him to sign the form, absolute nightmare. In his understanding he thought immigration to SA would be much like Canada, i.e an extensive medical history check etc etc. But looks like im well on my way now, I have every form I need, I just need to get myself there now, as I am applying from inside SA, My girlfriend has to sign the affidavit and her mother has to sign some letters along with some other letters.

Thanks so much for the help
Old Oct 18th 2013, 5:07 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed
I assumed it would have been a different mod
I'm always here, ruminating in the background
Old Oct 18th 2013, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'm always here, ruminating in the background
That'll happen at your age. You can get some pants for that you know.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 11:28 am
Just Joined

random_one is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! I've just stumbled across this post in doing some research on the BI-811 medical form. I've been going round the houses big time on this and wondered if anyone might be able to help...
My doctor refuses to sign the form without some guidelines or an official request from the high commission, the high commission won't contact my doctors and have now said, on two separate occasions, that I just need an official letter from my doctor stating I'm in good health. So I have just about convinced the doctor to do this, after lengthy phone call with the practice manager, but I'm worried that a simple letter won't suffice. I've had the x-ray done and that form signed off, this is the final piece of the puzzle. I feel like I'm the first person to ever ask for such a thing, very frustrating.
Any advice appreciated, thanks!