Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa > South Africa
Reload this Page >

Police clearance for the UK from SA

Police clearance for the UK from SA

Old Apr 9th 2018, 6:41 am
Just Joined

starbucks72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police clearance for the UK from SA

Good day, hopefully someone will be able to advise me on how to get a police clearance for the UK applying from SA. I have lived here for 5 years on TR but now applying for PR. I looked at the forms on the Acro website but I can't provide info they asking for such as current residential address in the UK etc. Do they not provide forms for overseas applications? Thanks so much in advance for any help!
Old Apr 9th 2018, 9:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police clearance for the UK from SA

Originally Posted by starbucks72
Good day, hopefully someone will be able to advise me on how to get a police clearance for the UK applying from SA. I have lived here for 5 years on TR but now applying for PR. I looked at the forms on the Acro website but I can't provide info they asking for such as current residential address in the UK etc. Do they not provide forms for overseas applications? Thanks so much in advance for any help!
Your address doesn't have to be in the UK, you just need proof of it, wherever it is.
https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Ce...es_Online.aspx
1. Proofs of your current address - You must upload TWO different proofs of address which clearly show your name and address, and one must be dated within the last six months. Your proofs must be in separate files. Valid proofs of address include bank statements, utility bills or phone bills. You can also provide letters from your doctor, dentist, school or college if they are signed and dated on company headed paper.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much for your reply. This is where I will find it difficult as having been in SA on TR (life partner) I don't have any bills in my name as not allowed to work. The only thing that I could get would be a doctors letter. What would you now suggest, I'm starting to worry now. All the docs required are straight forward. Thanks so much.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 11:56 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for your reply. This is where I will find it difficult as having been in SA on TR (life partner) I don't have any bills in my name as not allowed to work. The only thing that I could get would be a doctors letter. What would you now suggest, I'm starting to worry now. All the docs required are straight forward. Thanks so much.
Do you not have any bank statements?
Old Apr 9th 2018, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

No, because I only have TR and so couldn't open an account. Everything is in LP's name!
Old Apr 9th 2018, 3:30 pm
Home and Happy

No, because I only have TR and so couldn't open an account. Everything is in LP's name!
I can only suggest contacting ACRO then and see what they suggest
Old Apr 9th 2018, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Yes, will do, thank you!