moving as a single mum

Old Aug 29th 2015, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Kate and milly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving as a single mum

Hi I am planning on moving to South Africa with my boyfriend who is from SA. I have a child from a previous marriage. What legal documents will I need to get to get her and myself residency?
Thanks in advance
Kate.
Old Aug 29th 2015, 10:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving as a single mum

Originally Posted by Kate and milly
Hi I am planning on moving to South Africa with my boyfriend who is from SA. I have a child from a previous marriage. What legal documents will I need to get to get her and myself residency?
Thanks in advance
Kate.
Do you have permission from the child's father, allowing you to remove th child from their present home (guesing the UK)?
Old Aug 30th 2015, 2:46 am
Just Joined

Kate and milly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Do you have permission from the child's father, allowing you to remove th child from their present home (guesing the UK)?
Hi Pollyana

I do have permission to move from the father. I am a UK national but currently live in the middle east. Can you advise me further?

Kate
Old Aug 30th 2015, 3:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pollyana

I do have permission to move from the father. I am a UK national but currently live in the middle east. Can you advise me further?

Kate
Personally, no, afraid not. Have to wait for someone wioth more knowledge than me about this part of the world.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 4:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pollyana

Kate

What is the father's nationality? How long have you lived in the ME? If the father is from the ME...I suggest you ask about removal of a child in our ME forums. Normally a notorised letter from the father is needed...but not sure when the ME is involved.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 30th 2015 at 4:07 am.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

TheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud of

Under what basis will you be moving to SA with your boyfriend? I don't believe SA issues residency permits for those in co-habiting relationships. You'd probably need to be married in order to get Permanent Residence.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 11:29 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCynick
Under what basis will you be moving to SA with your boyfriend? I don't believe SA issues residency permits for those in co-habiting relationships. You'd probably need to be married in order to get Permanent Residence.
Pretty much. Common-law marriages weren't considered when I first applied. I don't think that's changed for residency purposes. You will need an original unabridged birth cerifiticate and written permission from the father before bringing a child to SA, and these documents will need to be certified.