Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa > South Africa
Reload this Page >

looking at moving to capetown

looking at moving to capetown

Old Jun 3rd 2015, 9:39 am
Just Joined

quinn76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking at moving to capetown

Hi There,
im new too this expat thing.
Ive been offered a job in cape town , ill be working on the wind turbines no doubt out in the sticks, however the salary is good, but wondering how much my outgoings will be in terms of how much income tax, accommodation fees ect,
and I am worried a little bit about the crime rate.
Thanks, Paul.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 2:23 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking at moving to capetown

Hi Paul

Income tax is around 40%. You'll also need to factor in medical aid, transport (you'll need a car) and the like. It's hard to confirm accommodation costs without knowing where you will be living, but if you look at Property For Sale | Houses For Sale | Property Rentals | Auctions you can enter the kind of thing you want and it will give an idea of prices.

Crime is a factor in SA. The threads are full of stories of how bad it really is. It's probably also worth subscribing to News24, South Africa's premier news source, provides breaking news on national, world, Africa, sport, entertainment, technology & more. for an idea of what things are like right now.

Good luck

Ed
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

quinn76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: looking at moving to capetown

Thanks mate, ill be in touch shortly hopefully with more details.