full residency South Africa

Old Feb 20th 2012, 7:10 am
Just Joined

tolkeintofu is an unknown quantity at this point
Question full residency South Africa

Hi,New to this,hello to all^^!

I need a full residency and have a five year work permit expiring in a few months.What is the best way to get this? Is there an easy way to do this that you know.I am not up on these things.

Any advice appreciated,thanks.

TT.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 20th 2012 at 1:16 pm. Reason: Removed company name
Old Feb 20th 2012, 1:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: full residency South Africa

Originally Posted by tolkeintofu

I need a full residency and have a five year work permit expiring in a few months.What is the best way to get this? Is there an easy way to do this that you know.I am not up on these things.

TT.
Welcome to BE.

I am moving your thread into our Africa forums. Hopefully our members who post in that forum will be able to help you.

Good luck.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 1:07 am
Just Joined

wayne1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.dha.gov.za/Permanent%20re...igration).html

You can apply for residency based on the above link.
A reliable visa company like global visas can get you through the procedure if you are not savvy with paperwork.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

MartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond repute

TT.
Where are you at the moment? SA or somewhere else?

If you're in SA, I suppose you'll have to deal with Home Affairs. Outside SA, speak to the Consulate. It seems to be a time consuming and frustrating process, but I don't know of any legal way to expedite it. A lawyer might be able to help?
Old Feb 24th 2012, 2:11 pm
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

TT.
I've just submitted mine finally after 5 years of hard labour. I mean marriage here in SA. It's a fair bit of paperwork, all the paperwork has to be no later than 3 months old but if you've lived here then SAPS report for the police check is fine, you don't need a UK one. If you're not used to HA stupidty and the company did it before for you then can I suggest an immigration lawyer? I know someone in Parktown but he's pricey at about R8000 for the entire process. I did mine myself. I've been warned it could take up to 24 months though. For the interim you should be able to apply for temporary residence with work permit in lue of the perm. application. And it defo counts in your favour if you've held domicile here. You can visit your local HA office but good luck different people say many different things.

My case is a bit different as my child and hubby are SA citizens by birth and I own a property here. But any and every piece of evidence you can supply whether it's mentioned on the document list is helpful.

Have a look on home affairs website for the form it's a BI-947 you will need to complete. Also, if you're an international firm maybe someone at your office in HR might have a contact to help you. Most firms use lawyers to do this for them on behalf of international employees. These lawyers/attorneys will normally give you advice free of charge.

If you get stuck I'll email you over our contact for immigration law.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 1:38 am
Just Joined

AJ123 is an unknown quantity at this point

TT.
How is your application going? Just a quick note regarding the PP's recommendation of Global Visas:

Please avoid them. I have found them a very untrustworthy company to work with. Whether or not I will succeed in getting a visa through them remains to be seen. But the way their company runs is very unethical. I'm sure there are plenty of excellent agents out there. Or better still go with an attorney if you can't face going through the process alone.

Good Luck
Old Apr 1st 2012, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Welcome to BE.

I am moving your thread into our Africa forums. Hopefully our members who post in that forum will be able to help you.

Good luck.
Just for the record...South Africa has its own forum now!!! It should go in there.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 11:57 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Just for the record...South Africa has its own forum now!!! It should go in there.
Abracadabra ..........
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Abracadabra ..........
Thanks!
Old Apr 26th 2012, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

tolkeintofu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Just an update on the residency app. I decided to use an expert.Someone in Durbanville who helped with my first venture into SA business. It is costing R9 grand.I have been here 5 years now,no gaps,and i own a farm property,though I have just sold most of it in order to survive.Things have been very tight in the fruit game and I am no expert.i always wanted to have a farm ,but You really need a lot of savvy to do it well.I now have a 25 acre piece plus house that I am happy to do my thing with.Experimenting with different plants,hoping to catch a good growing and selling variety soon.
Thanks for all your comments to this thread and best wishes.
TT