Criminality check

Old Feb 28th 2017, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

greenspring is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Criminality check

I was born in the UK and went on an extended holiday to South Africa from January 2014 to January 2015.

I have been living in the UK since.
I will be applying for a licence in order to get a job and if I have been out of the UK for more than 6 months in the last 5 years need a criminality check from that country but I have no contacts in SA and remember how difficult it was getting things done when I was there.

How do I go about getting a criminality check for the time spent in SA?
Old Mar 1st 2017, 12:44 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminality check

Originally Posted by greenspring
I was born in the UK and went on an extended holiday to South Africa from January 2014 to January 2015.

I have been living in the UK since.
I will be applying for a licence in order to get a job and if I have been out of the UK for more than 6 months in the last 5 years need a criminality check from that country but I have no contacts in SA and remember how difficult it was getting things done when I was there.

How do I go about getting a criminality check for the time spent in SA?
Wow. Good question. I can only imagine 2 ways - neither will be pretty.

One is to go to the SA embassy in Whitehall and see if they can do this for you (it'll take ages, so be prepared) or the old fashioned way of going back to SA and walking into a main police station and filling out the forms, paying your rands and waiting. Details here: https://www.saps.gov.za/services/app...ertificate.php

Good luck, you're gonna need it.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

greenspring is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I have been doing a lot of investigating and as you said I would need to contact the SA embassy in London and ask them for a form. That is all the assistance I can ask them for.

"Please note that the South African High Commission does not itself provide, or process, applications for Police Clearance Certificates."
Finger prints must be enclosed with the letter to the South African Police Service. These can be obtained at any police authority in the UK.

I need to get my fingerprints taken. UK Police no longer offer this service so I would need to use a private company.

Send the form and fingerprints to the Client Service Centre of the South African Police Service, wherever that is

Post if off and hope it arrives where it is supposed to and hope they deal with my request and reply with proof that I committed no crimes during my stay in SA so that I can give this proof to the UK licensing company who then have to contact South Africa to check it is legitimate.

With my experience of the SA postal service this could take some time
Old May 11th 2017, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

gtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been going through the process of applying for a critical skills visa and the amount of hoops that you need to jump through are pretty significant.

Were you in RSA for a full year or just under? If you were only in the country for 364 days you won't need that clearance certificate.

I had a few countries where I was actually under 12 months and I've done a lot of travelling.