Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Wood Burning cooker For Sale

Wood Burning cooker For Sale

Old Jan 31st 2013, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future
Default Wood Burning cooker For Sale

Wood Burning Cooker For Sale, The stove is a Plamen Calorex 60,photos and spec at Plamen.hr,this a is a very good stove for cooking with the whole top of the stove being a hotplate and very fast to heat up due to fire box position,colour is a nice dark brown enamel.Reason for the sale is that we now have a larger kitchen and we have changed to a larger model from Plamen who make excellent stoves !The stove has only had four months use and is in nice condition,new price is around 600 euros,sale price for this stove is 240 euros! Can be seen in N.E Slo.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

SloJohn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wood Burning cooker For Sale

Hi Mike & Janet,

With regard to wood stoves etc please can you give me an indication of cost for wood/logs in snowy Slovenia. Here in the UK you will pay £100 for a full cubic metre of seasoned hardwood logs. I use a Morso stove here in the UK and cook the odd meal on top of it. I get all my wood "free" by keeping an eye and ear out for trees being cut down, just requires a bit of work! I also collect untreated pallets from skips which are great for kindling.

Thanks John.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future

Hi John, the squirrel is a very nice stove and I too have cooked a good few meals on one during my days afloat!Here in the far north east we pay 50 or 55 euros for a cubic meter of well seasoned Beech cut to 1 meter lenghts,Pine of course is cheaper and its good to have a mix of the two!We would like to plant a good stand of Bio Mass Willow soon too!Are you planning on moving to Slo?Heavy rain today,so lots of melting snow,mud and rather miserable,but I hear winter is on the way back tomorrow!!All good wishes,M.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

We pay approx. 60 Euros for Beech and 55 Euros for Oak!
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

billycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nice

We're trying to buy a forest near us, no idea of the price yet but I hear fuel wood is going to go up in price soon, quad will come in handy then, we've gone through a shed load so far, we've paid different prices in the last few months but averageing about 220 for 4 cubic metres but the dry seasoned wood around us is getting scarce. Having said that I bought plenty of fresh for next winter, we also fitted solar for heating the water which shold kick in by may.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

When we first came here nearly all our neighbours where getting gas heating in, now they are all going back to wood as the price of gas soars!
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

SloJohn is on a distinguished road

Hi Mike & Janet,

I've got the Morso 04 which is a steel stove with cast iron door rated 5 Kw and it saves us heaps on our gas bill. Unfortunately my place in Slovenia is a "rural retreat" but I would live there if I had the capital or a good local job.

Well done billycornelly for fitting solar thermal. I am a certified installer for and I will finish my install at my house in the UK next month. I am surprised more people do not fit this in Slovenia with the extra solar radiation available. How does your system work, do you have a thermal store also linked to the wood burner?