Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

The white Stuff

The white Stuff

Old Jan 24th 2013, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of
Default The white Stuff

Hi, thought a would start a new thread as the other is getting a bit long.

Well apart from yesterday it has not stopped here in Haloze for approx ten days
Old Jan 24th 2013, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all
Default Re: The white Stuff

I'm trying to find out how much snow there is on the drive at our new house. Going to be fun when the removal van pulls up and there's a foot of snow on the drive. I'm guessing nobody has cleared it.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

MBKarl said there has been no snow in Maribor for a week, its falling hard here now!
Old Jan 24th 2013, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all

I checked forecast for MB for next week - some snow forecast for early next week - have to wait and see...
Old Jan 24th 2013, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

mbkarl is on a distinguished road

It is back with a vengeance now! Only meant to be be for today, but down to -12 for a few days!
Old Jan 24th 2013, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

I saw that Maribor is due night time lows of -16 middle of next week - I hope our heating works!
Old Jan 24th 2013, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

mbkarl is on a distinguished road

Still snowing and I can confirm it is freezing over slightly as I just went arse over tit when taking a bin bag outside
Old Jan 24th 2013, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Still snowing here too Bet M&G wish they were here..
Old Jan 25th 2013, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

billycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nice

Our Girls are going skiing with the school to celje today, perfect weather, had some more snow last night just after i cleared the last drop off the drive, invested in a chinese sports quad at christmas ( well santa brought it) so getting around ok but loaded up with food, wine and wood so no journeys necc.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Any chance of a picture of your quad? I think that we really need one around here but have been told there no good for the snow!?
Old Jan 25th 2013, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

billycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nice

Originally Posted by booboo24
Any chance of a picture of your quad? I think that we really need one around here but have been told there no good for the snow!?
Hi Una, I'll get alison to do a photo she's the technical expert in our house, the one i have is a 300cc sky jet its only 2 wheel drive but i go all over the place in it with the girls on and haven't been stuck yet, the tyres are balloon type with big treads, if you want to go over rough terrain in these conditions though you will need to splash out on a 4 wheel drive one but they aint cheap, the 2 wheelers are more fun as you can doughnut etc easier.
I paid 1600 euros for mine nearly new but they can be picked up cheaper.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks billy! we really do need something as I am fed up with being snowed in!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...1&d=1359146190

That's the hill we need to get up before we even think of tackling the others.
Attached Thumbnails The white Stuff-img_4827.jpg  
Old Jan 25th 2013, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by booboo24
Thanks billy! we really do need something as I am fed up with being snowed in!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...1&d=1359146190

That's the hill we need to get up before we even think of tackling the others.
Crikey, thats a serious challenge Una, theres a shop in polzela just off the motorway between celje and ljubljana I've forgot the name but they sell lots of atvs you need one with a snowplough attatched to the front.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by billycornelly
Crikey, thats a serious challenge Una, theres a shop in polzela just off the motorway between celje and ljubljana I've forgot the name but they sell lots of atvs you need one with a snowplough attatched to the front.
Its not so bad when there's just snow on it, its when it turns to ice! That's when the fun really starts!

Now off to convince him indoors that its worth it!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Snowing hard again here today! Hope fizz gets her driveway cleared for the removals truck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.