Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Slovenia....so anyone else out here

Slovenia....so anyone else out here

Old Jan 18th 2013, 3:54 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slovenia....so anyone else out here

Well you are all more than welcome on the BE forum and hopefully, if a small community develops here, you might eventually get a section. In the meantime, feel free to post on here or pop into the Hungarian forum
Old Jan 18th 2013, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future

More than 3 feet of snow here! But we are still hanging on in there and it would be nice if a few folk from the old forum found thier way here,this is such a useful forum with some very nice members,particularly in the Hungarian section!
Old Jan 18th 2013, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

mbkarl is on a distinguished road

Not juse use thats stuck then. I did have a drive out on Monday, never again.
The back end of the car was sliding out and this is with winter tyres on.

I see why the Slovenians all have big heavy cars
Old Jan 20th 2013, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

I don't live in SLO ;
I wish I could - as am even relatively fluent in SLO & HR & German lingoes !
Been trying to buy a property along the coast :
anywhere really , a 2 bedder apartment or a small detached house ,
large Erf not being at all attractive nor interesting to us , at our 60+ ages ;
in the whole 30-odd-kms stretch : Muggia to Lucija/Secha , for years now , the so-called " agents " are not interested ,
- if anyone can wake them up , PLZ !?
Or , I'll have to eventually end up in Espana , BeNeLux , Deutschland , Gibraltar , Languedoc , Umag ...
...anywhere really , as far away from sinking , disappointing GB , as poss !
Old Jan 20th 2013, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all

Hi to all - sorry took my time to get here but here I am. I have asked a few others to come and chat in this forum so hopefully we can get some good threads going.

Here in Newcastle we've been told to brace ourselves for a good snowfall tonight. Flying out to LJ on Saturday so we'd like it to ease off by the end of the week. We've sold our apartment in MB and we're going to move out of it and into the new house in Brezje on the southern ede of Maribor.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hasn't snowed today in Maribor and was bizarrely 8 degrees earlier. Still there is that much snow on the ground it has not been warm enough to melt it.

The admin advised if we have a few longs threads on Slovenia in the Europe section they will give us a sub forum. So if you start any new threads do as below

Slovenia - new thread title
Old Jan 20th 2013, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future

hi Fizz,glad you have found our little band ! Good luck with the new house,having spent several of the last few weeks on the 14th floor of M.B hospital I could most likely have spotted it.Now back Home in the Goricko I can report that there has been no new snow here today,but there is a mega amount on the ground!But this being Slovenia,even on our tiny dead end road to nowhere the snow plough comes day and night with 3 guys from our Obcina taking 8 hour shifts in turn,and of course the local bus is always dead on time! All good wishes,M and J.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

Hi everyone, Its Meeeee. Got a new computer and a slightly faster connection.

Hi Ray51, sorry to here you have not found a place yet! Do you think the recession has made any impact on the prices of property at the Slovenian coast. I don't think so, then I haven't looked lately! Last time I looked they had increased.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mike and Janet
hi Fizz,glad you have found our little band ! Good luck with the new house,having spent several of the last few weeks on the 14th floor of M.B hospital I could most likely have spotted it.Now back Home in the Goricko I can report that there has been no new snow here today,but there is a mega amount on the ground!But this being Slovenia,even on our tiny dead end road to nowhere the snow plough comes day and night with 3 guys from our Obcina taking 8 hour shifts in turn,and of course the local bus is always dead on time! All good wishes,M and J.
Good to hear your back home for now
Old Jan 21st 2013, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all

Yes, great news that you're home at the mo, Mike!
Old Jan 21st 2013, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I don't dare ask what a "Obcina" is!
Old Jan 21st 2013, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

The obcina is basically the local council.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

and every 3 streets appears to have its own council........
Old Jan 21st 2013, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, it's odd how an Obcina can be big like Maribor's or just a few houses. That surely can't be very economical
Old Jan 21st 2013, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Slovenia has proportionally a bigger public sector than the UK (health isn't public sector here), so there must be an awful lot of non-jobs out there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.