Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Slovenia - Sky UK

Slovenia - Sky UK

Old Jan 21st 2013, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

mbkarl is on a distinguished road
Default Slovenia - Sky UK

Anyone out here attempted this? I'm currently using my mothers Sky Go account to watch a bit of sky sports news and uk gold every now and then.

Looking around other sections of the forum quite a big dish would be required. I had a 1 metre dish when i was in the UK and that looked quite big on the house.

I'm trying to avoid this kind of thing

Old Jan 21st 2013, 1:54 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slovenia - Sky UK

"Times are a changing" as the song says

satellites are being move about, new sats coming online, channels being moved from one sat to another so things are in flux.

bearing in mind the problems with reception when in touring in a mobile home you might like to try http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopti...ss-europe.html
which will give you some useful information

otherwise try a google search or http://googlemapsmania.blogspot.com....erage-map.html
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 5:08 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I have a 1.8 dish in Spain and get the complete SKY package, films, HD, the lot
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

looking round the net today, no one seems to know for sure and are estimating 2+ metre dish

think i'll stick to vpn and internet for now
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 11:17 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mbkarl
looking round the net today, no one seems to know for sure and are estimating 2+ metre dish

think i'll stick to vpn and internet for now
You can for sure achieve that by connecting a dd-wrt router to your own and enabling VPN. In that way you can connect to iPlayer and other "uk only" applications. Hidemyass.com is another way
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

I'm running a few servers in the UK, so I'm using OpenVpn to get a UK IP when i need one.

I did try dd-wrt on the router, but it messed up access to some slovenian websites my better half needed for work, so it was quickly removed!
Old Jan 24th 2013, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

billycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nice

hI Karl, we live down the road near Celje and have a 80cm dish tuned to the astra 2 sat, we receive all uk programmes but do suffer a bit with pixelating ( hope thats spelt right) we moved here last march with grankids to live so its vital we have uk kids telly untill they can speak slo, having said that they are learning rapidly, looking forward to mrs browns boys and Man City to stuff Stoke this sat.
Saw your post on our slo to come here so cheers for that, hope to catch up with you sometime.
P.S. are you a toon fan?
Old Jan 24th 2013, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

ooh interesting, so maybe a metre dish would do it. are you using a sky subscription or just using the box as a freesat receiver?

Yes for my sins i am a Newcastle fan. Although the flurry of signings this week as perked me up from the depths of misery they've been putting me through recently!
Old Jan 24th 2013, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

SloJohn is on a distinguished road

Hi mbkarl,

Head over to http://www.satbeams.com/footprints where you will find info for possible reception. Choose the correct satellite ie Astra at 28 degrees East and you can click on the map to get best dish size. looks like 1.2m for Slo.

John.

PS just jumped ship from Ourslovenia.com.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

billycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nice

Just a bit more info, Hi John we used my friends htc phone to log into the astra 2 sat, it set the degree at 27.8 and that got us hooked to the signal, I fixed the dish to my chimney as we live next to a forest and struggled to find the signal i built the chimney so am confident its capable of holding the dish, Karl our son got us a registered sky card from england but the sky box we brought from england was tempermental so we switched to a slovenian bought receiver which works better and picks up more channels along with all the free to air uk channels, this is a link my missus alison uses for info soz I don't know how to paste, www.ukfree.tv/helpme.php good luck, Billy
Old Jan 25th 2013, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Just a mention on the footy Karl, I went to the City v Toon game last season we won 3-1 but it was close, ba missed a sitter and the big toon fan was there with no shirt on loving the banter with city fans, i can relate to you about the suffering I,ve supported city for over 40 years and then move to slo the year we win the league
Old Jan 25th 2013, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

You must have enjoyed that though. I was watching Sunderland vs Man Utd, Fergies face was a picture to say the least when the news filtered through.

It's weird been able to watch more games on tv here than back home, although nothing beats been at the game
Old Jan 25th 2013, 10:12 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by billycornelly
Just a mention on the footy Karl, I went to the City v Toon game last season we won 3-1 but it was close, ba missed a sitter and the big toon fan was there with no shirt on loving the banter with city fans, i can relate to you about the suffering I,ve supported city for over 40 years and then move to slo the year we win the league
I look forward to many Utd v City discussions with you then
First Utd match I went to was in (iirc) 1971 or 2 against Northampton Town. I think it was 8-2 and George best scored about 5 goals.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SloJohn
Hi mbkarl,

Head over to http://www.satbeams.com/footprints where you will find info for possible reception. Choose the correct satellite ie Astra at 28 degrees East and you can click on the map to get best dish size. looks like 1.2m for Slo.

John.

PS just jumped ship from Ourslovenia.com.
Originally Posted by billycornelly
Just a bit more info, Hi John we used my friends htc phone to log into the astra 2 sat, it set the degree at 27.8 and that got us hooked to the signal, I fixed the dish to my chimney as we live next to a forest and struggled to find the signal i built the chimney so am confident its capable of holding the dish, Karl our son got us a registered sky card from england but the sky box we brought from england was tempermental so we switched to a slovenian bought receiver which works better and picks up more channels along with all the free to air uk channels, this is a link my missus alison uses for info soz I don't know how to paste, www.ukfree.tv/helpme.php good luck, Billy
many thanks for the advice guys, it should come in handy for me and a few others
Old Jan 25th 2013, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I look forward to many Utd v City discussions with you then
First Utd match I went to was in (iirc) 1971 or 2 against Northampton Town. I think it was 8-2 and George best scored about 5 goals.
Yeah, it'll be intresting as we have (thanks to sheik mansour) a good team again, got to say Bestie was awsome i remember that game shame he went on the lash and spoiled a great talent, the best era for me was mid seventies when we had tueart and barnes on the wing with big joe royle centre forward and you guys had coppell and hill on the wing with big joe jordan in the centre, great days nowt like it now though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.