Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Skirting Board

Skirting Board

Old May 18th 2013, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skirting Board

I was just wondering if houses in Slovenia have skirting board, as I have not been able to get any in Hungary. I'm thinking in terms of something about 4 to 6 inches high, rather than the low mouldings used round parquet or laminate flooring. I'm not too fussy about the profile but something like ogee would be perfect.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 6:31 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skirting Board

Originally Posted by fidobsa
I was just wondering if houses in Slovenia have skirting board, as I have not been able to get any in Hungary. I'm thinking in terms of something about 4 to 6 inches high, rather than the low mouldings used round parquet or laminate flooring. I'm not too fussy about the profile but something like ogee would be perfect.
Thats a good question

Here in Spain we don't generally have mouldings, but there is usually a tiled skirt to go with the tiled floors
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes my living room floor is tiled and that is done that way. The kitchen and bathroom floors are also tiled but there the normal wall tiles meet the floor tiles. I channelled out the plaster in the bedrooms to put in central heating pipes and was hoping to hide them with skirting board.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 7:49 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

You can get them in Hungary Fid, try here or search "fa szegélyléc"
Old Jun 7th 2013, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks RH but the tallest in your link is 70 mm which would not be enough to cover the pipes. I'm wondering if there is someone with a router who could make me some to order?
Old Jun 7th 2013, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

I am in Maribor tomorrow, will be visiting the big DIY stores will ask for you, Meant to do it last week but forgot

I have not seen them here but will check anyway!
Old Jun 7th 2013, 9:38 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks RH but the tallest in your link is 70 mm which would not be enough to cover the pipes. I'm wondering if there is someone with a router who could make me some to order?
I've got a router, do you know how to use it
Old Jun 8th 2013, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by booboo24
I am in Maribor tomorrow, will be visiting the big DIY stores will ask for you, Meant to do it last week but forgot

I have not seen them here but will check anyway!
Thanks, that's very kind of you.
Old Jun 8th 2013, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
I've got a router, do you know how to use it
I've never tried as I always knew people to ask for such jobs in UK. Someone made me a kitchen cabinet and he started with just a tree trunk!
Old Jun 9th 2013, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

I didn't get a chance to go to Maribor yesterday but I did post your post on this page and they came back with this answer below

I just checked the link and you have to look under recent posts by others!
The long and the short of it is that you can, they posted a picture asking if that is what you want?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Uredi...109?ref=stream
Old Jun 9th 2013, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, that in the photo looks ideal.