ski-ing

Old Jan 6th 2016, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

billycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nice
Default ski-ing

Hi guys, just wondered if anyone is clued up on the best family ski centeres in slovenia, weˇve only been to rogla and booked in to vogel for mid feb but interested in any others in slo, pohorje looks good so might give that a shot soon too.
Billy
Old Jan 27th 2016, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice
Default Re: ski-ing

HNY to you and the family, especially theo girls who have done really well to be able to speak SLO.....!
Vogel is great but I just love the area as so few tourists. Great old villages in the amazing U shaped glacial valley. Plus of course Rupa for great food and the pizza place over the road.
(Need to book Rupa in ski season to guarantee). Even worth going on the car train for a disneyesque(?) type ride....
Kravec ( hope spelt it right) near the great little town of Kamnik is OK but small.
Obviously I love KG with the downhill race in March and Planica a week or so after. Buzzing atmosphere so you can party or not - both work depending on what you are coming for.
Also easy to ski over the borders of Italy and Austria, 20 minutes away or an hour depending on resort chosen.
We had such a great Christmas that my wife wants to do it all over again!
We will be partying again in early March as it is a significant birthday for my wife. We are bringing 'lots' of people, and our Slovenia friends are coming. Trying to take over a friends bar.
By the way we are not party animals, there will be a bit of skiing, wellness, trip to LJ and the downhill/slalom for which we have tickets I think.
Anyone got a great recommendation for eating in LJ or between KG and LJ ??
Eaten at many places, have favourites but happy to hear of other places. Got to be seriously good for her birthday.
Anyway, hope you have a great time in Vogel but visit the villages.
Best regards, Michael
Old Feb 1st 2016, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

billycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nice

Thanks for the great info michael, we are half board in the ski hotel so will be on the mountain the full 3 days but will be back in april for the younger girls birthday, gonna do more in slovenia now the house is complete so am taking in any recommended sites.
Hope you all have a great visit and the wifes birthday,check out the figovec in LJ, its a slo and indian restaurant.
We must have meet up sometime in the future michael
All the best, Billy and the girls
Old Feb 25th 2016, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all

Just in case anyone is thinking of trying Currylife Figovec, I heard last week that it has closed now.