British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Europe (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/)
-   -   Refugees (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/refugees-865237/)

SloJohn Sep 15th 2015 9:03 pm

Refugees

Have the refugees attempted to transit through Slovenia? Now the Hungarians are shutting the border surely they will go round to the East or west via Croatia/Slovenia.

I recently went to France and it was like going back to East Germany with extensive document checks to get back into the UK:huh:

Peter_in_Hungary Oct 18th 2015 8:05 am

Re: Refugees

Hungary has not shut the boarder with Croatia! What they have done is the same as they did on the southern boarder, they (we) have put up a fence to close off the illegal entry into the Schengen Zone as is their (our) treaty duty as a border state of the Schengen Zone. The border is open - providing you use official crossings with recognised documentation or be willing to register as a refugee at those crossings. The fact that the majority of the refugees / migrants do not want to subject themselves to internationally recognised standards of international travel is the real problem as is the inability of Europe to come up with a common approach to a problem that is only going to get worse.

Hungary has had a lot of bad press about its border controls but in fact they are less than the UK had been using for years.

SloJohn Oct 21st 2015 9:31 pm

Sure is a big mess and it seems Slovenia is just funnelling the refugees through the country to Austria and the land of milk and honey zee fatherland !
I think it won't be long before the Germans start to close the flood gates. Once winter sets in we could see some harrowing sights if the desperate Syrians still flood out of their country. My worry is the other people jumping on the free entry bandwagon. The EU should have secured the borders as Hungary has done and set up a military style processing operation to ensure genuine refugees are helped until they can return.

scot47 Oct 26th 2015 2:45 pm

"Land" and "Vaterland" are neuter nouns. "Das Vaterland". You have to do better, boy !Only those with good results in German Language will succeed in life !

SloJohn Oct 26th 2015 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 11779661)
"Land" and "Vaterland" are neuter nouns. "Das Vaterland". You have to do better, boy !Only those with good results in German Language will succeed in life !

Scot47 Ve have vays und means of making you talk!

Every day in every way I'm getting better:thumbsup:

Hvala za vaš post

scot47 Oct 27th 2015 6:48 pm

There is no future in the Habsburg Empire unless you have perfect German. The Emperor has himself said this, (They used to be emperors. The Habsburgs now just go to Brussels as MEPs)