Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

R.I.P Mike of M&J

R.I.P Mike of M&J

Old Sep 11th 2013, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of
Default R.I.P Mike of M&J

It is with deepest regret that I inform you all that Mike passed away peacefully in a hospice in England this am. My thoughts and prays are with his lovely partner Janet.
Mike was a lovely gentleman who never done anyone any harm and was kind to animals and the environment. May he rest in peace x
Old Sep 12th 2013, 10:43 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: R.I.P Mike of M&J

So sorry to hear that
Old Sep 13th 2013, 1:07 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I too am so sorry to read that. My condolences to Janet and her family

{{{}}}
Old Sep 13th 2013, 5:25 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Condolences to the family.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Sir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really nice

That is very sad. Mike was a stalwart of the former OurSlovenia board. My condolences to Janet.

HlFL
Old Sep 18th 2013, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

SloJohn is on a distinguished road

Very sad news. Even though I didn't meet Mike it feels like I have lost a good friend when I read this thread. Condolences to Janet and family.

John.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

It is very sad SloJohn, he was such a gentleman. It was bladder cancer. He thought the pain was due to an old back injury that was on going for years.. Never dreamed it was cancer until it was to late.
I will pass on all the kind messages to Janet.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 3:48 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my goodness, I have just seen this! Please pass on my condolences booboo - tell Janet his willows will be planted in his memory and I will email her photos of them next year when they have grown.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Will do Rural....Its all a bit surreal...Hard to believe, really miss them!
Old Sep 30th 2013, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

For various reasons I have been off line for some time and today decided to get a new password and log on.
I am in shock, and have tears welling in my eyes. i cannot believe that my coffee loving 'forum friend' from Ourslovenia days will no longer wake up and smell the coffee as I used to banter with him and Janet. I joked about him getting into the willow casket business in Slovenia and can only say how much I will miss him , his wit and his views. I just wish I had access to all his old messages on Ourslovenia and the one private one which he told me not to mention at the time - that came to fruition so I know he must have enjoyed his last years.
I just feel so sad as they had such tenacity and spirit, seemingly being able to take on major challenges. I hope Janet has massive support from friends and family and if you talk to her please covey our ( M & G s) condolences .
I am now smiling as I remember some of the posts from them both...
but with deep regret, Michael
Old Oct 1st 2013, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Yes indeed, even reading your post M AND G makes me sad, we enjoyed very much meeting them for coffee and the odd day out together. They were very much devoted to each other. Janet has her family near.. It was a huge shock....