More tax.....

Old May 9th 2013, 11:50 am
Just Joined

AdeleG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default More tax.....

Dear All

I need to vent, so please indulge me.

The new government have spent all this time, since they were formed, coming up with a rescue plan for Slovenia. And what have they come up with - a CRISIS TAX.

Yes, that will really help drive the Slovene economy, encourage new business, get the nation spending NOT!

Couldn't they come up with anything better, something more original than a new tax in a country which already has one of the highest rates of tax in Europe.

And to make it worse, this new CRISIS TAX is going to be levied on everyone, even pensioners who only receive a few hundred euros pension per month.

Why not tax the super-rich (for there are MANY of them)?
Why not sort out corruption? (A survey this week by Ernst & Young said that Slovenia is in first place for corruption in Europe.) (even more worrying over 80% of managers said it's not possible to do business in Slovenia without bribery).
Why not REDUCE taxes, drive the economy, stop all the business going underground, stimulate growth
Why not do anything but introduce another bloody TAX.

Ok, I've vented - sorry - but thanks for listening (or rather reading!)
Adele
Old May 9th 2013, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Re: More tax.....

Well put , BUT : spare a thought also for your ex-Yugo neighbours : Croatia !
They are rushing onto the same road to EUro-ruination , which SLOvenia should have NEVER chosen . When will anyone publicly admit that life in SLO got progressively worse after their EUr0-adventure/s , which they needed like a few extra holes in their heads ? ( Instead of following a much more successful Czech model ! Or , indeed : Swiss and Norwegian ? Or at least Danish/Swedish , like : we are in EUrope de iure , but are cherry-picking and will Never have the EUro-currency...)
BTW , we know of many more taxes you don't yet have there , try Wealth tax , Council Tax , Tax on Head of Family , taxation of life Assurance Products , Tax on Financial Transaction ...the menu is truly endless already , yet the Krauts & Frogs use Bruxelles to formalise & harshly impose ever more of new ones .
The End of EUrope is nigh , whereas those open & ready for globalisation will prosper ( try Canada , DownUnda , UK , NZ , USA , Brasil , Korea & more ) , leaving the German-ruined EUrope in the dust and ashes , mark my words .
Cheers from London ,
R.
Old May 9th 2013, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

AdeleG is an unknown quantity at this point

I quite agree - the EU was the worst thing that happened here and I can't for the life of me understand why Croatia would want to join the sinking ship.

Unfortunately we do have some of the other taxes you referred to - the transaction tax was introduced a while back (or maybe its still being introduced not sure but know its coming or has come), Council Tax is there but under a different name and we are shortly to get a new tax on sugary drinks too - which they cancelled in Denmark after a year as it had such an adverse effect on the economy - will they ever learn!
Old May 9th 2013, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Not sure about yr nationality , but : if British , do vote UKIP ( if only as a sign of protest & Disgust ? ) .
Old May 9th 2013, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

I agree with both of you! They don't have a clue! I was just talking to a lovely Slovenian couple today who are trying to get jobs in Austria, they are broken hearted that they have to leave their home to find work! They cant afford to live here on their salary