Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Slovenia - Football Prvaliga/Pokal

Slovenia - Football Prvaliga/Pokal

Old Jan 23rd 2013, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

mbkarl is on a distinguished road
Default Slovenia - Football Prvaliga/Pokal

We should have a thread on Slovenian football on here, I know at least two other people are interested.

The league is currently on winter break at the moment, when it does resume there will be 3 Eternal derbies in 3 weeks! Two in the cup and one league match.

Upcoming fixtures

23/02/2013 - Olimpija vs Maribor (Slovenia Cup Quarter Final 1st Leg)
27/02/2013 - Maribor vs Olimpija (Slovenia Cup Quarter Final 2nd Leg)

League games resume on 2nd of March. Rudar vs Maribor might be played before then it's been cancelled twice, first due to flooding, then due to snow!
Old Feb 20th 2013, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Slovenia - Football Prvaliga/Pokal

Both the above games selected for live coverage on RTV SLO 2. Which is handy.

I think the web player only works for slovenian ip addresses, but i'm sure there will be a stream kicking about, for exiled Maribor fans in the north east region of England ;-)
Old Feb 20th 2013, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

billycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nice

A buddy of mine is a big Maribor fan, he's studying in the city so hopefully I'll hook up with him for a game soon, we'll have a drink with you Karl if you're kicking about, the olimpija in maribor game looks juicy.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Let me know which game billy.

Reckon it'll be a draw on Saturday and Maribor will take the return leg. Think Olimpija's record in Maribor is awful to say the least
Old Feb 24th 2013, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Last nights game lasted twenty minutes, in truth the ref should never have started the game

Old Feb 24th 2013, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Sir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really nice

Originally Posted by billycornelly
A buddy of mine is a big Maribor fan, he's studying in the city so hopefully I'll hook up with him for a game soon, we'll have a drink with you Karl if you're kicking about, the olimpija in maribor game looks juicy.
Having attended a Maribor Europa League game a few season's back, i must say their fans are really great. And innovative.

They were so good, in fact, that ma pal, who happened to support the visitors in his misspent youth [and whose nationality shall be kept secret here for fear of offending karma, the only clue being they lie between Hexham and the North Pole] decided his mob, who were behaving as his mob often do, felt so embarrassed he switched sides mid-game.

H lFL
Old Feb 24th 2013, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

billycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nice

Will do Karl, thats a good picture it reminds me of the seventies but I don't think the orange ball was in use then, bet you were cold? yeah it shouldn't have started but they will all have been eager beavers after the winter break.
Harry, your pal,are we talking about a one time Millwall fan?
Old Feb 24th 2013, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Sir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really nice

Originally Posted by billycornelly
Harry, your pal,are we talking about a one time Millwall fan?
Billy, do you know where Hexham is?

[Or did you always walk the long way to school? I know - that way you passed the girls' high school ]

Now, verily, verily: no more banter nor wasted speech. I have to get down to some work - Sunday eve is for polishing armour.

Talking of the hard stuff, did you know the Slovenes produced some of the hardest? 'Tis true, a good knight can never tell a lie.

H lFL
Old Feb 24th 2013, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Between Hexham and the north pole? And based on recent games..I take this bloke was a Rangers or Celtic fan?

I wasn't at last nights game as it was in LJ.

The 1st leg replay will now take part on Wednesday in LJ, however the 2nd leg in MB was due to be that night so god knows when that will be. Confused, yes me too.

The referee asked the two captains just before kick off if they were willing to play the match despite the snow. With scouts from Ac Milan and Chelsea due to be at the game, both said yes.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mbkarl
Between Hexham and the north pole? And based on recent games..I take this bloke was a Rangers or Celtic fan?

I wasn't at last nights game as it was in LJ.

The 1st leg replay will now take part on Wednesday in LJ, however the 2nd leg in MB was due to be that night so god knows when that will be. Confused, yes me too.

The referee asked the two captains just before kick off if they were willing to play the match despite the snow. With scouts from Ac Milan and Chelsea due to be at the game, both said yes.
Surely Rangers or Hibs, Karl?

I think I saw someone on another site saying 30th March for the new date for the second leg...could be wrong though...
Old Feb 25th 2013, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

I can exclusively reveal the second leg will be 13th March
Forgot about Hibs, we all await the answer to the quiz question

Proper slovenian football returns on Saturday finally!
Old Feb 25th 2013, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sir Harry le Fise Lake
Billy, do you know where Hexham is?

[Or did you always walk the long way to school? I know - that way you passed the girls' high school ]

Now, verily, verily: no more banter nor wasted speech. I have to get down to some work - Sunday eve is for polishing armour.

Talking of the hard stuff, did you know the Slovenes produced some of the hardest? 'Tis true, a good knight can never tell a lie.

H lFL
I've heard of it but can't pin where it is and i've worked all over the uk but you're right on the long way to school, I usually set off late so I could catch the 16 year olds playing netball, I always used to fancy the older girls, oh and the soccer got to keep on topic
Old Mar 18th 2013, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Ah Hexham is my neck of the words (newcastle)

Anyone football is well and truly back. Maribor still riding high at the top of the league, despite a bizarre 1-3 defeat to Domzale at the weekend.

I was at Celje's stadium the other day, it is really impressive. Speaking to a local he said it was developed to UEFA A standard, originally for the national team to play, but Celje is more of a handball city.

Between Maribor and Celje, the building of Stozice seems utterly pointless and a massive waste of (tax payers)money. All ego from the mayor of Ljubljana. Reminds me of the decision to rebuild Wembley in London, instead of moving the games around the country or building a new stadium in the middle.