Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

English Food day Maribor

English Food day Maribor

Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of
Default English Food day Maribor

Hi all this guy is delivering English food on the 15/03/2013

You have to order first from what I can make out!

http://www.comfortfoodshop.com
Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

SloJohn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: English Food day Maribor

Originally Posted by booboo24
Hi all this guy is delivering English food on the 15/03/2013

You have to order first from what I can make out!

http://www.comfortfoodshop.com
With the recent research highlighting the link between eating too much processed meat and cancer I think this guy needs to re think his business model.

Slovenians love processed meat but I think eating more fruit and veg organically grown is the way to go. Most people I know in Slovenia eat way too much meat but they do grow their own veg in some form.

I think Slovenia could be heading where we in the UK have been with regard to food. As the big supermarkets take over the price falls along with the quality.

The tide is turning in the UK and people are realizing that quality food is important to well being. Unfortunately this realization has come at a time when household budgets are at breaking point and many people have little choice but to eat mass produced c**p. However, there is nothing wrong with the odd fry up if it's put together with quality products.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SloJohn
With the recent research highlighting the link between eating too much processed meat and cancer I think this guy needs to re think his business model.

Slovenians love processed meat but I think eating more fruit and veg organically grown is the way to go. Most people I know in Slovenia eat way too much meat but they do grow their own veg in some form.

I think Slovenia could be heading where we in the UK have been with regard to food. As the big supermarkets take over the price falls along with the quality.

The tide is turning in the UK and people are realizing that quality food is important to well being. Unfortunately this realization has come at a time when household budgets are at breaking point and many people have little choice but to eat mass produced c**p. However, there is nothing wrong with the odd fry up if it's put together with quality products.
I think you wrapped it up in a nutshell there Slojohn! We are entering our sixth year here and can see that more and more nasty processed food appearing on the shelves. There is still a lot of people who buy a pig/lamb/ chicken etc. and raise it themselves for their own consumption/slaughter.

Thirty years ago there was a farmer who live next door to us in Ireland, he always kept a certain amount of animals for his own table far away from his herds. He refused to eat the meat he was producing as he said, "He knew what he was putting in them"
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

AntsMcMurdosch is an unknown quantity at this point

i tend to agree.

It's an interesting idea, but can't say I see anything he's selling that I'd miss. More range would be good.

Last time I was over, Interspar had a cheddar. No idea what kind, it just said cheddar. I find cheeses in Slovenia to be pretty bland. In fact, food in general in Slovenia tends to aim for the middle-ground. There are a couple of great Mexican restaurants in Ljubljana, for example, but the food isn't spicy at all, and when we have visitors here, I don't want to take them to the great Indian restaurant literally just around the corner because it may blow their heads off.

I'm not saying the food isn't great, far from it! But intensity of flavour is something I think I'll miss.