Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

For the veggies in Maribor

For the veggies in Maribor

Old Mar 20th 2013, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of
Default For the veggies in Maribor

I haven't been yet but its long over due as far as I am concerned!,

http://www.simfonijaokusov.si/
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all
Default Re: For the veggies in Maribor

We haven't been but we have dropped in to say hello. This is what used to be the Indian restaurant. Unfortunately it's a buffet so no good for me unless we contact them in advance and ask for something to be made specially that's nut free
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

AntsMcMurdosch is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks pretty good, will hopefully pop in soon!
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

Fizzy - does needing food nut free influence what you can eat at the places you review ? I was a vegetarian for about 10 years and that did influence my views on food.
I reverted back to meat a good number of years ago but our daughter has been a vegetarian for most of her life and in truth we did find it hard going to eat out but more so when abroad and 'hampered' by language and not knowing where to eat although we did do some homework. Funnily Italy has always been the problem place for us over the years with her.
Anyway hope all is well with everyone in SLOland.
M
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all

It usually only really affects my choice of desserts - and not just in Slovenia. It's sad but most places buy in their desserts these days and so they can't guarantee them to be nut free. I tend to check that what we are having doesn't contain nuts and then take the risk. Fortunately not that many Slovenian savoury starters and mains contain nuts. (But the gorgeous aroma of the chestnuts roasting in Trg Svobode in the autumn makes me green with envy).

However, buffets are a no go for me; there's always a risk that someone will put a serving spoon back in the wrong dish or slop a bit as they take the spoon to their plate.

Assuming the food is good I'll always praise a restaurant that makes a point of listing dishes that contain nuts or a place that will make a good dessert off the cuff (usually the only thing I can have is vanilla ice cream).

Italians I find are very chauvinistic about their food: I remember in Naples years ago we had to look for ages for any cuisine other than Italian.

Nut allergy isn't widely known in Slovenia and a request to a waiter or waitress usually brings blank looks so it's better to ask to speak to the chef. They tend to have more of an understanding of the condition. A friend of mine from LJ is allergic to walnuts so she taught me some key phrases.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

Mmm! But vanilla ice cream can be good..!
Friend recently has had 2 affer..aff. lactating shocks from Brazil nuts and that just started at 44 for her.
The serving spoon thing is quite amazing that so little could cause a problem.A large bar of milky Cadburys Whole Nut - gosh if I could not indulge in that every now and then - thankfully no issues for me.
Cheers M
PS I may have got the odd fact wrong above !