Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Working Life in Singapore.

Working Life in Singapore.

Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Harlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud of
Default Re: Working Life in Singapore.

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness
Problem is the Singapore Government is not handing out employment passes easily to foreigners anymore. Big push to give locals jobs..
Really? Thats not good then.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:22 am
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

You don't say what exactly you do for a living? The more unique (or in demand) your skill the better your chance of obtaining a visa..

Last edited by heartofdarkness; Nov 9th 2011 at 9:59 am.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Harlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud of

You don't say what exactly you do for a living? The more unique (or in demand) your skill the better your chance of obtaining a visa..
I'm work as an mid-weight artworker. I think they call realisation artist in singapore. My wife is an accountant. I think my wife have more chance than me.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 1:57 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

You never know..Singaporeans are not the most creative people in the world!..Im sure there are quite a few Singaporean accountants and plenty of people from the sub-continent who work very cheap. My advice..make sure one of you have secured employment before you make the move
Old Nov 9th 2011, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

You never know..Singaporeans are not the most creative people in the world!..Im sure there are quite a few Singaporean accountants and plenty of people from the sub-continent who work very cheap. My advice..make sure one of you have secured employment before you make the move
That the route we going for. Thats for the advise.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 3:55 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Harlow Lad

HoD, a bit off topic, but when did you move to Bahrain? I thought you were in Singers?
Old Nov 13th 2011, 4:26 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
All the best Harlow Lad

HoD, a bit off topic, but when did you move to Bahrain? I thought you were in Singers?
Think it might be a common username in that part of the world, Bean. The one I know well from Singapore now lives in London
Old Nov 13th 2011, 4:35 am
need a new teeshirt

Been here about 3 years. I was in Singers form 2004-2007..
Old Nov 13th 2011, 4:51 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I knew for sure you were a different one - totally different writing style.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 4:52 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Ah you were there the same time as me more or less.

Seasider, yeh I dunno. Maybe the HoD I know is not the HoD you know and I've no idea if this HoD is my one I never knew him in person but he used to loiter around that funny ol' place that began with Expat..... rather than the funny ol' place that ends in Um

Bit cryptic for a Sunday huh?

Anyway, apologies to Harlow Lad for the thread hijack.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 5:21 am
Auntie Fa

Ah you were there the same time as me more or less.

Seasider, yeh I dunno. Maybe the HoD I know is not the HoD you know and I've no idea if this HoD is my one I never knew him in person but he used to loiter around that funny ol' place that began with Expat..... rather than the funny ol' place that ends in Um

Bit cryptic for a Sunday huh?

Anyway, apologies to Harlow Lad for the thread hijack.
The HoD from the funny ol' place was a regular at the funny ol' place for many years. Pre-2002 for sure, as I know him (and most of the others) from there. He's now on the other funny ol' place but, since it was last re-invented, known as BoD. He moved to the UK earlier in the year. Gottit now?

Yeah, what was the original question, again?

Creative industry in Singapore - I managed a design studio for a while. Lots of expats. Need to get in with the biggies to earn anything decent.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

All the best Harlow Lad
Thank you Mrs Bakedbean.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Seasider
Creative industry in Singapore - I managed a design studio for a while. Lots of expats. Need to get in with the biggies to earn anything decent.
Really? I need to do lots more research on the industry. Most of the ad are 'singaporean / pr only'.

Sadly where I work now they only have office in Shanghai & lots of office in North America & EU. I'm not very fancy Shanghai to be honest even though I never been there. My goal is to get away from the 4 seasons . Oh! talk about season I miss SE asia climate. Is quite miserable in Britain weather at the moment.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 7:43 am
Auntie Fa

Originally Posted by Harlow Lad
Really? I need to do lots more research on the industry. Most of the ad are 'singaporean / pr only'.

Sadly where I work now they only have office in Shanghai & lots of office in North America & EU. I'm not very fancy Shanghai to be honest even though I never been there. My goal is to get away from the 4 seasons . Oh! talk about season I miss SE asia climate. Is quite miserable in Britain weather at the moment.
I can understand that

The agency I worked for was very small ("boutique" they called it ) and expat-owned, with local junior designers. I do know a lot of expats in the media industry, for sure, but I don't agree that Singaporeans are not very creative! I know some very talented people there, but maybe it's true to say that their parents would rather they were doctors or accountants.

Companies do have to stick to a ratio of local to foreign talent. Can't remember the details now. (I was a Singapore PR.)
Old Nov 13th 2011, 8:03 am

I failed PR Cannot imagine why they didn't want me

Do they still have that online test to see if you're PR material? I failed that miserably too. Got 3 redlights I think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.